BlueLine Thermalwave2 summer/fall project

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m taking it to the forklift later this week to move it. Rubber mats underneath are getting pulled up.

The waste tank was behind it but I think I’m gonna move it to the left side of the machine for better mounting space and ease of access to the rear and right side of the machine.

The van needs a power steering fluid reservoir, a tuneup, and a new rear door

As for the tm, the water pump needs tlc, and the 185f thermal relief valve needs replaced. 🤞. Once I get it completed, we’ll see what other issues it might have

17CE22B9-854E-4ABB-9ECE-28040E23E8EC.jpeg 2EFED58C-14C5-482E-A811-4DAA6ACBD6C8.jpeg 24D2C782-DA0F-424D-8B84-DA5A76476091.jpeg 7A5382E7-9E74-4E44-BEBC-232DC07DCCCC.jpeg 0B2116DF-0BE8-49D1-9293-D416B87B3896.jpeg

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Whenever I get a pto, you’ll be harassed from me for certain
I participate in these forums to learn and share knowledge with others. But at times I find it difficult to give advice for a couple of reasons, first not getting enough or accurate information to advise and secondly not knowing others mechanical aptitude, abilities or access to proper tools or diagnostic equipment. So alot of times i keep my mouth shut as to not make things worse if you know what i mean. but the more i read here glowing manifolds kept coming up,and most everything ive worked on had manifolds that to one degree or another glowed under load weather it was 3000hp opposed piston diesel main engine on a ship, Pratt & Whitney ft4a turbine gas generators,or my own van and mustang

• Love
Reactions: Nate The Great

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yes, the tm is now in good shape. The van is putting off some fumes inside the cab, and I think it's either the catalytic converter, or fumes from the valve covers leaking a little oil. I washed the engine last weekend and was still smelling the fumes, so it's going to the exhaust shop next week.

Name
Nate W.

He lost your number......! :lol:

Name
Justin Johnston
Yes, the tm is now in good shape. The van is putting off some fumes inside the cab, and I think it's either the catalytic converter, or fumes from the valve covers leaking a little oil. I washed the engine last weekend and was still smelling the fumes, so it's going to the exhaust shop next week.
Glad you got it fixed and running! For some reason I was no longer logged in here, and I didn't remember my password so I just quit looking at this forum 😬

But I'm back!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
woah!

I heard you went to work for Battery's PLUS, no?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think I found the cause of the fumes coming in the truck.
Got a new set of doors to replace the rotten roll up door 🤓🥳 on this project.

Next is replacing valve cover gaskets on the van engine.

View attachment 122007
those doors did help stop the chimney effect from sucking in the exhaust fumes. But I forgot to cover that hole that the door latch for the old roll up doors on the floor. After using some duct tape, the fumes are no longer detected.

1C77499D-3C9C-4D35-B279-20C563943002.jpeg FD18C672-2BB2-4040-9F91-CAE452481043.jpeg

Reactions: Dolly Llama
Name
Austin Willoughby
Yall are all some Fookin idiots 😂😂.

Serious question does that cover not get in the way when you're working on the machine bc the ecu cable is still attached and can't be pulled but so far out of the way? Maybe you disconnect it each time? Also mine sounds like crap at idle compared to yours currently lol

Name
Austin Willoughby
Oh btw I was the original moron that bandaid some things on this machine before selling it to my buddy matt, but to be fair I bought it with most those problems and didn't have it long enough to go down the rabbit hole like he did. I also disclosed most the issues I knew of and bandaids I made before he bought it. Matt just has a terrible memory as yall noticed (mine is probably worse honestly) lol
Phew dodged a bullet on that one 🤣🤣
All jokes aside I bought the same machine with over 7k hours in a van and now I'm jumping down the same rabbit whole..... Isn't karma a biotch.... 🤣🤣🤣

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Oh btw I was the original moron that bandaid some things on this machine before selling it to my buddy matt, but to be fair I bought it with most those problems and didn't have it long enough to go down the rabbit hole like he did. I also disclosed most the issues I knew of and bandaids I made before he bought it. Matt just has a terrible memory as yall noticed (mine is probably worse honestly) lol
Phew dodged a bullet on that one 🤣🤣
All jokes aside I bought the same machine with over 7k hours in a van and now I'm jumping down the same rabbit whole..... Isn't karma a biotch.... 🤣🤣🤣
your memory is worse than mine.

this tm and waste tank wasn't even bolted to the floor.

disclosed most of the issues? "the heat exchanger is leaking antifreeze, the tm needs to be remounted, and the van needs some TLC". That was our conversation

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yall are all some Fookin idiots 😂😂.

Serious question does that cover not get in the way when you're working on the machine bc the ecu cable is still attached and can't be pulled but so far out of the way? Maybe you disconnect it each time? Also mine sounds like crap at idle compared to yours currently lol
The cable isn't in the way. Just reroute it with some zip ties and you're good. But since your model is over 7k hrs, you shouldn't need to relocate it since it held up that long.

I don't think it needs to be relocated anyway, because the problems of what I think were the cause got fixed

Reactions: Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby
your memory is worse than mine.

this tm and waste tank wasn't even bolted to the floor.

disclosed most of the issues? "the heat exchanger is leaking antifreeze, the tm needs to be remounted, and the van needs some TLC". That was our conversation
Hahaha damn your right my memory is terrible but to be fair that was literally the only things ik were actually wrong with it. Also we talked about a lot of the stuff I was working on when I had it which again was pretty short lived lol. The exhaust being one and I told you I used silicone gasket maker with a homemade donut 🤣. All the stuff I did was supposed to be a temporary fix until I pulled it to do a makeover myself but life happened and you ended up with it. Sorry for all the stress brotha 😬😬

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom