BlueLine Thermalwave2 summer/fall project

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m taking it to the forklift later this week to move it. Rubber mats underneath are getting pulled up.

The waste tank was behind it but I think I’m gonna move it to the left side of the machine for better mounting space and ease of access to the rear and right side of the machine.

The van needs a power steering fluid reservoir, a tuneup, and a new rear door

As for the tm, the water pump needs tlc, and the 185f thermal relief valve needs replaced. 🤞. Once I get it completed, we’ll see what other issues it might have

17CE22B9-854E-4ABB-9ECE-28040E23E8EC.jpeg 2EFED58C-14C5-482E-A811-4DAA6ACBD6C8.jpeg 24D2C782-DA0F-424D-8B84-DA5A76476091.jpeg 7A5382E7-9E74-4E44-BEBC-232DC07DCCCC.jpeg 0B2116DF-0BE8-49D1-9293-D416B87B3896.jpeg

Name
Justin Johnston
Thanks to your updated manual…it showed where the plumbing I had currently .from my manual, was preventing the hot water to return back to the water box. And since my unit doesn’t have a solenoid, the hose #24 was routed to the pressure regulator so the water would stop moving.

And to complete the day even better…the headers didn’t overheat and glow during testing. I hope it stays that way. I’ll be burning extra clean gas for the next few tanks to make certain it stays that way

Thanks again @Justin Legend Brands

And @Jim Martin , your help was Greatly appreciated as well.

View attachment 113018 View attachment 113019

Thanks to your updated manual, The temp loss problem has finally been fixed. I have yet to find out if it can compete with the everest heat (I need to put it on a full day of work), and the headers did not start overheating with red glow today.

So this project is ready to be sent out to work. Thanks @Justin Legend Brands , and @Jim Martin

View attachment 113022 View attachment 113023
Not going to lie, I am going to miss sending you Gifs... Maybe I will randomly send them... 🤷‍♂️

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Nate's asshole comment reminded me to update:

I just got the van back today. Needed a tune up and the mechanic put a new alternator, belt and belt tensioner on the van's engine. I also had him check the fuel pressure on the tm.

It's only reading 30psi. This model requires 50+

So that's the cause of the headers glowing. Last and final job of replacing the fuel pump and fuel lines. Then I'll feel comfortable to rely on a full day of work with it.

My mechanic suggested I get the Walbro 225 or 190 with 6AN fuel line kit. Look more affordable than what JD wants (over $600!)

Any ideas on which model will be best for this setup?

Reactions: Nate The Great
Name
Nate W.
Nate's asshole comment reminded me to update:

I just got the van back today. Needed a tune up and the mechanic put a new alternator, belt and belt tensioner on the van's engine. I also had him check the fuel pressure on the tm.

It's only reading 30psi. This model requires 50+

So that's the cause of the headers glowing. Last and final job of replacing the fuel pump and fuel lines. Then I'll feel comfortable to rely on a full day of work with it.

My mechanic suggested I get the Walbro 225 or 190 with 6AN fuel line kit. Look more affordable than what JD wants (over $600!)

Any ideas on which model will be best for this setup?
Wow, just wow.. :shifty:

Walbro 225 is a good all around pump..

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Wow, just wow.. :shifty:

Walbro 225 is a good all around pump..
I'm glad I didn't replace the Catalytic converter. That would've been $800 wasted. And I'm also glad I didn't clean or replace the fuel injectors. No telling how much money and time would've been wasted there. I wish I had more tools handy to check simple stuff like this. It would've saved me so much time trying to figure it out

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Nate W.
Too many. But $15000 spent is better than $45k on a new one this size

Idk man.. I got a Everest650hp 4k hours on it for $10k.. Well, $11k with shipping pre-covid.. It's still sitting on the pallet it got shipped on..

I wish I was your supplier/mechanic, I could sell an eskimo ice.. :lol: I'm going to call your Sparky from now on.. Cuz plugs is too brutal.. :yawn:

• Haha
Name
Nate W.

:eekk: Sparky only hears what he wants to hear..:shifty:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yeah, I remember that conversation. It took 2months to get my mechanic to check it

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Aaaaand…another stupid finding

I was never fully satisfied with the heat. So I kept testing it and noticed the thermostat housing right above the coolant heat exchanger is almost 100f hotter than the heat exchanger. So I’m thinking the thermostat is bad

Well, I take it off, only to see the housing with NO FKIN THERMOSTAT! It’s been bypassing the heat exchanger the whole time. So I go to the auto parts store and get the recommended one, only to discover it’s too big to fit in the seat of the housing.

If anyone knows the part number to fit this housing, I’d appreciate it.

F35C8F91-E285-4EDE-90E1-1C03F4D97BE6.jpeg 67071B70-A80D-49B0-AB1D-BA3AA1FB2537.jpeg

FredC

Village Idiot
Is this what you meant by recommended one?

THERMOSTAT, NISSAN A-15 195 DEG

I looked locally auto store for a 195degree for a 1981 Datsun 210/310 (which I assume is the same part)but only found 180

for cross reference

*shows the nissan tstat in GM Manual

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Is this what you meant by recommended one?

THERMOSTAT, NISSAN A-15 195 DEG

I looked locally auto store for a 195degree for a 1981 Datsun 210/310 (which I assume is the same part)but only found 180

for cross reference

*shows the nissan tstat in GM Manual
I got the thermostat from a ‘76 Datsun b210

I’ll look up your reference and see if it pulls up a different thermostat

FredC

Village Idiot
break your calipers out and tell us how big that is

and you were putting it in the right way right? :D

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I should’ve taken the housing with me to fit it in at the store. That’s my project this weekend

Reactions: FredC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom