Cheap Truckmounts at risk?

Name
Marcus
Doesn't matter...just saying 90% of these truckmounts have kholer! Honda or Briggs....
These truckmounts have all the same parts, same engines blowers and pumps.
Only difference is size of engine and blower , ease of replacement and heat, doesn't matter what brand it's called!!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've spent the last 3 weeks using a rental van "for sale" for under 10k and I have to say, it wasn't a bad experience. It was a HM CDS in a 2007 Chevy van. Good heat and vac. First day with my 570ss tomorrow.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Only difference is size of engine and blower , ease of replacement and heat, doesn't matter what brand it's called!!

More than that to it Brother

Most of the backyard builders can make a decent 36 blower TM
"Some" can get a 45 right too

it's when you get 47 and up the flies in the ointment start to manifest

Belts/couplers frames start to stress
Whole different ball game the bigger the blower

Some of the successful manufacturers that have been building 36 blower units for years found out too you just can't bolt down a 45 (and especially bigger) on the same platform that ran a 36 without problems

LTA

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
my bet?

...no effect on the direct drive manufactures
Little to no effect on the "Big Three"...SS, Prochem and Hydrmaster

the ones it could "potentially" effect the most, would be the small time and/or backyard builders.
Namco, Cobblet, Judstone, Chemtex, EEZEE, TCS, etc...the "cottage industry" builders , if you will

a couple "cookie cutter" units (one entry level and one mid size) with HX system that can deliver "adequate" heat (180-200 at 6 flow w/normal duty cycle) at a Chinese manufacture/labor price point???....hell yea it will hurt them

something few consider when it comes to Chinese manufacture...they see it as "cheap crap"
we made that same mistake in the '60s and early '70s with Japan...few look at "made in Japan" as cheap crap today...cause it's not

Same for China ..they're a modern industrial giant with modern tooling, methods and systems...they're not third world mudhut majoons working with 70 year old tooling
They can build quality or cheap...they'll build whatever the customer specs

..L.T.A.

As a machinist for 13 years , I can tell you that beyond a doubt that CHINA CANNOT meet the quality that american companies can. China relies on american ingenuity, we figure it out they try to copy it. TRY being the main part. Alot has to do with the metal, and the machining process. start with junk metal you end with JUNK metal. lets see them build a blower from scrap metal and watch it implode, why do you think gardener denver is build so heavy, its not because they want a blower to weight so much, its because it has to be extremely strong. For durability, and because of the amount of stress the spinning, heating, cooing, high vac pressures create. Along with that if you use the wrong material it can get stress cracks, become brittle from the heating and cooling process, and ultimately fail in a horrific shrapnel fashion.

Reactions: Jimmy L
Name
Marcus
Let me add they did have problems with the cat pump overheating
Can't recycle the bleeder valve gotta put it back into the fresh water tank.
Also steambrite from San Antonio has some nice truckmounts between 10-15 k easy to work on
Cap

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
As a machinist for 13 years , I can tell you that beyond a doubt that CHINA CANNOT meet the quality that american companies can. China relies on american ingenuity, we figure it out they try to copy it. TRY being the main part. Alot has to do with the metal, and the machining process. start with junk metal you end with JUNK metal. lets see them build a blower from scrap metal and watch it implode, why do you think gardener denver is build so heavy, its not because they want a blower to weight so much, its because it has to be extremely strong. For durability, and because of the amount of stress the spinning, heating, cooing, high vac pressures create. Along with that if you use the wrong material it can get stress cracks, become brittle from the heating and cooling process, and ultimately fail in a horrific shrapnel fashion.

we said the same about the Japanese, Scott

The Chinese can/will make it anyway the custy specs.
they have the capacity to make cheap or quality ....whatever the custy specs

as far as steel , they're no different than here or any other modern steel mill or foundry
They'll make it anyway you want

American's desire for cheap consumer goods (and American Companies that spec the cheapest product they can get) has nothing to with whether or not China can make quality goods.
They most certainly can

..L.T.A.

Name
Marcus
Believe Judson's been making truckmounts for 40 years? ?
Don't know about blowers but tuthill and roots I believe are made in america.
Also kholer and briggs made in america
Haven't heard much good about honda???

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I know cobb makes about 60 a year, Iread in another post, does Les have a whole assembly line If one were to order does he make them at the time or have a bunch ready to go?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I never heard of a cobbs unit or Judson until I got on the boards, not like hydramaster cds or prochem's.

They have disty and you can get one quick. Seems to me you better plan if your going to expand with a judson.

Steam Genie was pretty big here but got put under by the blue machines, Hell socal was prochem 's market.

Pretty sure Sapphire the same guys that started prochem got thier best foothold with they're old distributors

I always feel when I've called a distributor here I've been steered back to Prochem away from masterblend and hydramasters. These same guys are now pushing SS units.

The pitch is these machines are from the makers of prochem the same engineers but newer technology.

I would think if You made your machines like a car dealer ship you would wanted someone who sells your product not undercuts it. but theres probably not enough infastructure to have each separted.

If I do get a new machine its a toss up of a 870 or a 650 hp, the prochem can fit in a van I was told the 870 needs a box truck? they're both awesome machines.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
we said the same about the Japanese, Scott

The Chinese can/will make it anyway the custy specs.
they have the capacity to make cheap or quality ....whatever the custy specs

as far as steel , they're no different than here or any other modern steel mill or foundry
They'll make it anyway you want

American's desire for cheap consumer goods (and American Companies that spec the cheapest product they can get) has nothing to with whether or not China can make quality goods.
They most certainly can

..L.T.A.

Japan is a differant animal, after we bombed them we setup their country and now they make good quality, China manufactures ok stuff, but high quality it is not. either they machine is cheap out of good material or they machine is well out of shit material. china doesnt have a reason to sell quality as they dont warranty their stuff because once they sell a bunch of something they change names and make another version of the same thing. american companies are the inventors, china just copies american stuff.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I never heard of a cobbs unit or Judson until I got on the boards, not like hydramaster cds or prochem's.

They have disty and you can get one quick. Seems to me you better plan if your going to expand with a judson.

Steam Genie was pretty big here but got put under by the blue machines, Hell socal was prochem 's market.

Pretty sure Sapphire the same guys that started prochem got thier best foothold with they're old distributors

I always feel when I've called a distributor here I've been steered back to Prochem away from masterblend and hydramasters. These same guys are now pushing SS units.

The pitch is these machines are from the makers of prochem the same engineers but newer technology.

I would think if You made your machines like a car dealer ship you would wanted someone who sells your product not undercuts it. but theres probably not enough infastructure to have each separted.

If I do get a new machine its a toss up of a 870 or a 650 hp, the prochem can fit in a van I was told the 870 needs a box truck? they're both awesome machines.

someone had a 870 in a promaster van .

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Mikey will be upgrading to this once he tires of using 1 single wand

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Mikey P said: ↑
Scott you do know I own a Vortex and an Aerotech, correct?
yes, but makes me wonder why you would go middle of the road, air cooled when your used to the power of a whoretex.

I'd say at this point it's(larger unit) unnecessary for, Mike.

Think about it... New van 25k, new tm 20k, plus new reels, racks, etc... Shat adds up quick!

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
tell me about it. just bought 1 ton chevy, pro1200se, new hoses, new solution lines, water pond, apo system, revolution lgr, chems for 6 months,

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom