Cheap Truckmounts at risk?

MRHappy7

Well I know one thing that'll be nice be a whole lot of new/old equipment to flip. A lot of new old equipment to be sold for parts when they fail in the decide to post it on Craigslist I'll be watching
Some of those machines belong at Harbor Freight. As mechanically inclined as I am, having made the possible mistake of purhasing one of those machines instead of my used butler when I started would have most certainly put me under. There is a market for everyone though, and those seems to fit a good share of that beginners market.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
not that I've ever used one but when I win the lottery, I'll be going down to Texas and buying an amtex from Ben. Looks like he's got this heat thing figured out. Looks like he learned from his early models and is now making some power. Check out his videos particular on his inferno 500, anyone ever own one?

Mikey P

Administrator
not that I've ever used one but when I win the lottery, I'll be going down to Texas and buying an amtex from Ben. Looks like he's got this heat thing figured out. Looks like he learned from his early models and is now making some power. Check out his videos particular on his inferno 500, anyone ever own one?

do some more research, I've heard nothing but complaints lately.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
Researching truck-mounted cc equipment can be bewildering.

For the past 18 months or so I've used a Chem-Tex Panther 18. The machine has a Kohler 18hp engine and a 3.6 Roots blower. Don't know off hand how many hours I have on this. Other than some small leaks developing, which I think were because of freezing last winter, I haven't had problems and my local repair guys says the machine is a nice little unit that's easy enough to repair. Mike and Dave at Chem-Tex have been outstanding with their availability to any needs I've had.

I have been thinking that I might want a bigger blower but everything I've researched tells me I'll also need a larger engine. I've looked into upgrading with Chem-Tex to their 25hp/4.5blower unit for $10.000.00 or their 30hp/4.7blower for $11,000.00 (in case I want dual wand capability available to me) since I already have their ss waste tank and don't really need hoses or reels (about #3,000.00 in savings). I've needed anything longer than 200 feet of hose run only once, though theoretically, I should be able to run as much as 300 ft currently should I need to. If I decide to do this and can't sell my 18, I'll have a nice backup unit in the wings.

Then I read some of you veterans tm guys posting about name brand machines. It becomes difficult to sort through after awhile.

Now I'm thinking perhaps I should look into water softeners instead.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've bought PC Performer 405s for under $5g in very good condition.

Much better than the 2 new *** out of TX that each cost twice that.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
I've bought PC Performer 405s for under $5g in very good condition.

Much better than the 2 new *** out of TX that each cost twice that.
What makes this a better machine?

I have this phobia about anything used not knowing the history of used stuff. I'm like that with cars too - I only buy new cars.

Name
Lee Stockwell
You know how you can jump into a good little car, fill up the tank and just drive for hundreds of miles with no mechanical problems at all? You don't hold your breath hoping it will start.

I want that in my cleaning equipment. I don't want to be reminded of a lawnmower in any way.

I now have a water-cooled 4 cylinder Nissan engine with 40 years successful history.

Full gauges that work. Heat exchangers that can be accurately controlled automatically. Proper hardware and framework that doesn't twist and bounce out of adjustment. A proper vacuum relief that won't suck its guts through the blower.

Nothing leaks. I've bought four 405s, darned if they weren't ALL alike, other than color.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm one of those guys who only buys new. I keep everything 10 years or more. Cars, and TM's. I want them brand spanking new with a warranty. 10 or 12 years down the road, when they start giving me little headaches, I get rid of them. I'll have a 2004 Chevy with a Chief II in it for sale this spring.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
I appreciate your input, Lee. Thank you!

Surely, any machine from any manufacturer can break down. And yes, I do agree that the name-brand machines do appear more polished and I'd probably love to own one.

The question is where the most bang for my investment is, and so I try to research and weigh my options.

Kohler is a good name, as is Roots. Good pumps are important. The rest, as far as I can see, is hoses, fittings, electrical and electronics. Frames are important too. After that it's all about tools and hard work and those I've got covered really well. I have backup out the wazoo.

I loathe debt and barely tolerate auto loans and mortgages. Beginning 2011 was the first time in almost 20 years that I've had a car payment. So, I pay for my equipment up front. I have enough to go $25,000.00 if i want to but why blow it all on a machine and leave myself strapped in case of an emergency? That's how I think when it comes to finances.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have been using a custom built unit for the past 7 years. 18 hp HONDA engine with over 5000 hrs. Just changed my tiny tach. Sutorbilt 4ml blower, cat 290 pump, LG 3ht hp propane heater. The only problems I've ha with engine is replace the coils once. Reset the valves. Anyone knocking Honda engines doesn't know what the f__k he's talking about. It's all about maintenance. Change the oils when the manufacturer tells you to. Keep it clean. I don't know a lot about Amtex but check out his dual hx setup. Pretty good heat outta them baby's

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The fit and finish, usability, reliability, and QUIET operation are what I was after when I upgraded from a ChemTex Panther to my Cleanco 47 a couple years ago.

She has brought in @ $250,000 without a whimper and only cost me 27K (used, obviously).

I would only consider a PTO from Cleanco, Butler, or Sapphire at this point.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i can say having a slide in and a pto. that the pto with the water pond is so much easier to setup. and less headache. i like that i can shut the doors and lock the van while i run. and its ALOT quieter than my rage (18hp). even though the rage is a #3 and the pro1200se is a 4008.

rage always has to have the doors open rain snow or shine. dont like that too much. and ptos usually can run in colder weather. look at saiger, thats all he runs now because he likes the simplicity. my pro looks big but its sitting on a waste tank, and the machine is all blower, pump, and heat exchangers. love it.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
i can say having a slide in and a pto. that the pto with the water pond is so much easier to setup. and less headache. i like that i can shut the doors and lock the van while i run. and its ALOT quieter than my rage (18hp). even though the rage is a #3 and the pro1200se is a 4008.

rage always has to have the doors open rain snow or shine. dont like that too much. and ptos usually can run in colder weather. look at saiger, thats all he runs now because he likes the simplicity. my pro looks big but its sitting on a waste tank, and the machine is all blower, pump, and heat exchangers. love it.
I called Jon Don and spoke with their rep. My biggest obstacle to the liquid-cooled engine is my van (2014 Promaster 1500), SS only makes the units for Chevy vans. Otherwise, as far as SS goes, they're pretty much what I already have, only difference is that they look different.

Thanks for the info.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
1500?

Get a Rage..
hes already got a #3 blower, going to a #3 on the rage would probably not be an option as i think he wants to go bigger. but i have a rage and i can say i was still taking jobs from guys with machines alot bigger.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
My reasoning for upgrading is mainly to shorten drying time, and dual 360i-ing availability should I want or need it.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I called Jon Don and spoke with their rep. My biggest obstacle to the liquid-cooled engine is my van (2014 Promaster 1500), SS only makes the units for Chevy vans. Otherwise, as far as SS goes, they're pretty much what I already have, only difference is that they look different.

Thanks for the info.

My Interlink dealer has a Sapphire scientific demo promaster with a 2500 HS in it, what's the payload on the 1500?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Just looked it up, it's almost 4000 lbs. That's enough for pretty much any TM you want to put in it, even with tools and accessories you should be good. The newer vans have way more payload than the older ones did

Reactions: Mikey P

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
If it ford than the 1500 has a 2500 suspension with 8 lugs wheels and the heavier suspension since 2009.

If too heavy just add/change springs.

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom