Good with the bad

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What would YOU do??....I know, I know....it never happens to anyone....Just me right? :roll:

PS. I believe this to be BS....But whattyagonnado?

Almost exactly 2 months after I did the job....Each invoice clearly states they have 14 days to call back with any issues.

Brian:

The stained areas on my carpeting have come back. We have exercised great care to have nothing upon our feet but socks or house slippers when walking upon the carpeted areas. This has never happened over the many years that I have had this carpet cleaned and would suggest that the stains were not treated and/or dealt with sufficiently. Can you help with this matter? I noticed them coming back a couple of weeks after you had been there, but reserved judgment until I could be certain that the stains were indeed in the same spots, they are. This is happening in every room.

Thank you,

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
it only happened to me once on a commercial job. same as you, 2 months later. she allowed me to wait until the next quarterly (the following month.) when i got there she had greatly exaggerated. in your case, either suck it up and go take care of it (and take photo's of each room b4 you start), or risk losing the client and tell her she waited too long and now there is a fee, or that it simply isnt your problem now.

how valuable is this client? i hate getting taken as much as the next guy. i would want to tell her the latter, but my wife would try and persuade me into the former :x

Name
I'm Rick James
If I remember correct you dont use HWE to clean with right? Your method in my experience can be problematic for certain issues, as the customer described.

I offer a 30 day guarantee and only had one person call me towards the end.

This is what I would do:

I would say you understand her situation and that you would like to come out and take a look to see what type of issue she may be having. At this point its better to just redo it at no charge vs having the potential of having it snowball, especially online.

Go there with a smile and resolve her conflict even if it means recleaning some carpet. You can also offer a discount on uph while your there to make it more worth your time. Not that resolving customer conflicts isnt worth your time.

She is a new customer and some people are juust dumb. I would say just eat it, because she sounds like the type to be a bad cheerleader.

John Watson

Dilly said"I would say you understand her situation and that you would like to come out and take a look to see what type of issue she may be having. At this point its better to just redo it at no charge vs having the potential of having it snowball, especially online.

Go there with a smile and resolve her conflict even if it means recleaning some carpet. You can also offer a discount on uph while your there to make it more worth your time. Not that resolving customer conflicts isnt worth your time."

Right on, Ive had clients call back to schedule their next clean and say we didn't get the spots to stay away, some took a year to show.. Don't ya just love it.... I satisfied this one buy only charging 1/2 of what the wall to wall cost would be. O yeah, we only cleaned only TA's no contents to be moved, (not even by them, took polariods) except they would have the chairs out of the dining room. 2 1/2 hr job now 3/4 to 1 Hr. Desert time, The agreed to do it this way twice a year for the same money, plus our normal price increases.....

Dave Rampage

Brian,

It doesn't matter if it's bs or not. It's a simple business decision. If you go back there is a good chance you will retain the customer. If you do not go back then they will probably not call you back again.

Simple decision. Is it worth an hour or two of your time to keep them? Only you can answer that.

Dave

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HWE is has the issues with wickbacks....Not padcapping. Just sayin.

Not worth the hassle...Shame on me but I just don't care enough to put up with the BS. If it were legit or at least within the 14 day time frame that is listed on the invoice, I would go back no problem.

This was a deal of the day job....and some of those ARE bottom of the barrel and not worth keeping.

For the most part I've gotten some really good clients from the DODs....Just not this one.

Already threatening the BBB stuff...Yada yada yada. IDGAS.

Again...Shame on me...Back in the day I would have went back just to prove them wrong. :lol:

Cue Stevie T in 10....9...8

After 2 months....That's just plain rude.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"We charge enough to be able to take of this kind of situation".... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have to go back...you want be able to sleep @ night...!!!!!!

At least REFUND the money... :idea:

It can't be much @ your prices... :oops: :mrgreen:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
wicking isn't a method problem, it is a problem of leaving too much moisture for the most part. it can happen with every method except prolly Host.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
I'll give him his $27.50 back. :roll:

"Good Thinking".... :mrgreen:

And a nice thank you note...!

Put the REFUND check...inside a jar of VASOLINE...They wil get the picture... :idea:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
they're already threatening to file a BBB complaint? :lol:

like my furniture snafu last month, give the $ back and be done with them. i wouldn't set foot in their home again. chalk it up as the cost of doing business.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
davegill said:
Don't be a loser.
that's 1 way of looking at it. another way is don't be a door mat. i'm being cynical perhaps, but if they're already crying BBB, i dont trust them.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you do a good job...no one notices and tells no one...screw up one time and everyone will know....

I am more surprised you are even asking the question......you should hang your head in shame...

BTW........
HWE is has the issues with wickbacks....Just sayin.

Learn how to do it the right way and keep the Chemdry mentality at the curb.........Just sayin...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
What the big deal about running a pad over the spots?

Just take a few minutes.

Think of it as a way to work off that protein profit center you drank this morning.

My invoice says one week. But, I'll go back even two months later if it turns them into a cheerleader instead of the opposite.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Tell him you will give him something more valuable than clean carpets.

A free sample pack of powdered drink mix.

And, wait for it,

10% off all future drink mix orders.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
wow i guess i really am a cynical, untrusting turd.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Brian R said:
What would YOU do??....I know, I know....it never happens to anyone....Just me right? :roll:
[/quote]

Thats because you dont suffer from the "GOD" complex some on this board suffer from. :shock:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Brian R said:
What would YOU do??....I]

Jesus. You go there and ******* redo it. It's your customer. What does it take, ten minutes? Why would you even need to ask to know how to do the right thing?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Some of you kill me.

2 months later...The guy is full of shit.....I've seen it before.

I've been back to "take care of it" in the past only to see that they were full of shit.

I'm very honest and will admit if I'm wrong....If I'm wrong.

I've had spots come back with HWE and Chem Dry and paddcapping...(and so has every other person who has cleaned carpets as a career).....but only once in a great while, typically pet uirine and always within a week.

I just don't want to or have to deal with the POS people who want something for nothing.

The same kind of people who use the rain guarantee at the car wash. losers.

This doesn't happen very often at all..If I get one per year I would be surprised.

Whether the spots came back or not....The dude waited waaaaay too long.....He knows it, I know it, you know it and the American people know it.

Don't play that crap with me Jim, Art and whoever the hell else.

I know better.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
davegill said:
You should be ashamed with yourself!! Have some pride in your workmanship. Go fix it. Don't be a loser.

You should be ashamed of YOURself....Have some pride in yourself and recognize a scam when you see one.

Not gonna bend over for the guy....But you go ahead.

FredC

Village Idiot
Maybe next time you'll consider rinsing out all those dirt attracting household chems THEY used on the spots :twisted:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you knew better then you would not be asking...this is your business reputation...

there should be no question there...we have all been around that tree before at some time or another...Buck up and just go take care of it and move on....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim Martin said:
If you knew better then you would not be asking...this is your business reputation...

there should be no question there...we have all been around that tree before at some time or another...Buck up and just go take care of it and move on....

I get it.....It's just a thread.

In my old age :lol: I get a little P.O'd when someone pulls this crap. Every once in awhile you have to take the FU road.

If my reputation ends up being a push over for any dirt bag that wants to take advantage of me....Then I've lost.

Just got rubbed the wrong way....I probably would have gone back.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I was going to post some of his other emails....The guy is a control freak. I can see that.

He can KMA.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
JHFC- just go back and correct it man. I wouldn't even waste the time to post that shit or I would be posting al day ~ oh wait a minute you are posting all day lol.

Seriously Brian, I know you are an entrepenur so how do you think a business person who wants to sustain a long term growing business responds to this type of situation? They react like Nordstrom and take back that set of tires that someone returned when they had never sold tires in the first place. FIRST CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE will succeed.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom