I’m in the mood to buy another vacuum

steve_64

One of our sharks plugged up today and the. Vac motor shut itself off. It started later after it cooled off and I got the plug out but dang I've never had this issue using vacuums.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
One of our sharks plugged up today and the. Vac motor shut itself off. It started later after it cooled off and I got the plug out but dang I've never had this issue using vacuums.
Then don't get a proteam. They love to plug up. Carry a coat hanger. I do like how you can unclog the shark. They put little escape hatches everywhere.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Then don't get a proteam. They love to plug up. Carry a coat hanger. I do like how you can unclog the shark. They put little escape hatches everywhere.
That's a big plus with my Fugly Hoover. It has a nice escape hatch on the side. As for your proteam, just pull the hose off at the bottom and connect it to the hose at the top to clear the blockage. No need for a coat hanger.

steve_64

Genny just text me from the library that the proteam is plugged up. Lol. I feel like a vacuum repairman again.

• Angry
Reactions: Nomad74

steve_64

That's a big plus with my Fugly Hoover. It has a nice escape hatch on the side. As for your proteam, just pull the hose off at the bottom and connect it to the hose at the top to clear the blockage. No need for a coat hanger.
Ill give that a try Matt! Thanks.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What is being sucked up to cause the clogs?
Normally carpet that should be swept first before you vacuum, causes this. The suction tube inside the body of the vacuum is skinnier than the hoses, which causes blockage sometimes.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Yea everyone here said that. I have used my Sanitare on every job for the last year. Using original belt still. Bought 2 dozen extra... just in case. Changing a belt takes 60 seconds. Belts are cheap. The perfect commercial vacuum! Original belt and yes the beater bar is banging away and the brushes are great.
It does pull from the edges very well but I also have a small shoulder strap vacuum for edging. Hoover ports power ... fast system.

So you used it on both jobs last year? Oh wait, that was Mikey with only two jobs last year.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Today I cleaned my van. Took everything out, cleaned the carpet, reorganized, and put everything back in. It's amazing how much debris gets into our vans during the week. I took apart my Shark and cleaned all the filters and wiped everything down. I'm trying to set a good example for my new guy.

I really like my Shark. We vacuumed side by said with my Kirby on some wool Karastan rugs. The shark to my amazement pulled out way more dirt. I would have put my money on the Kirby because of the better beater bar, but it wasn't so.

steve_64

What is being sucked up to cause the clogs?
I found some mop strings at the front of the plug. We tell the guys about picking up big stuff but they are young and learning.

And it wasn't easy to get out. Matt's suggestion didn't work. The Taski cleaned out much easier. The head pops off real easy giving access.

And I think the mop strings are from the maintenance guy at the library. We use looped mops so it helps a lot but its a pet peeve of mine to not pick up strings. The crew is still learning.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've got a smaller version of that Hoover Matt's been using. I didn't even know it was called a Conquest but mine uses replaceable bags and has a hard cover. It's black and orange, super ugly like my Hoover canister vac.

Anyway that vac is still running after several years of service. It was very light and it's just old and really ugly so it's been retired to the ethanol plant where we service janitorial. It pulls up heavy pieces with small rocks and corn. Tons of dry soil is held in the mats at that place. It's a great choice, probably Hoover's closest answer to an Oreck. It's very simple and light. Mine came with terrible attachments and I'd go for the one without attachments if I bought it again.

J20770

Name
Jason
I found some mop strings at the front of the plug. We tell the guys about picking up big stuff but they are young and learning.

And it wasn't easy to get out. Matt's suggestion didn't work. The Taski cleaned out much easier. The head pops off real easy giving access.

And I think the mop strings are from the maintenance guy at the library. We use looped mops so it helps a lot but its a pet peeve of mine to not pick up strings. The crew is still learning.
They will get the hang of it eventually. Sometimes all you can do is fix it and go about your day.

Depending on where the clog is/was you might be able to file down the burr that is catching the string.

I've been known to vacuum up small coins with the kirby or sanitaire because I was too lazy to pick them up. Once I blew out a 90deg elbow in the central vac piping by sucking up a bolt.

J20770

Name
Jason
Today I cleaned my van. Took everything out, cleaned the carpet, reorganized, and put everything back in. It's amazing how much debris gets into our vans during the week. I took apart my Shark and cleaned all the filters and wiped everything down. I'm trying to set a good example for my new guy.

I really like my Shark. We vacuumed side by said with my Kirby on some wool Karastan rugs. The shark to my amazement pulled out way more dirt. I would have put my money on the Kirby because of the better beater bar, but it wasn't so.
The Shark was better :eekk: Might be time for a new brush roll on the kirby or adjust the brush roll ends to 2 or 3.

steve_64

They will get the hang of it eventually. Sometimes all you can do is fix it and go about your day.

Depending on where the clog is/was you might be able to file down the burr that is catching the string.

I've been known to vacuum up small coins with the kirby or sanitaire because I was too lazy to pick them up. Once I blew out a 90deg elbow in the central vac piping by sucking up a bolt.
I'm the worse at vaccing up things I shouldn't but I rarely plug a vacuum or loose a belt over it. But these are new to me so maybe its the vacs.
Ill keep at it till it stops happening. Hopefully it won't keep happening.

Reactions: J20770

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Oooo I’m so excited!!! My new vacuum is waiting to be unboxed

5C68C48E-FD7A-4867-8F7A-4123BE55A305.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom