I’m in the mood to buy another vacuum

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’m ready to replace my shark again under the warranty. The roller brush decided to stop working sometimes and the button fell off.

steve_64

How many times do I have to tell you, Steve?
Never give the wife your personal mobile number :winky:
I don't have a personal number I don't have any friends.

The taski keeps dying after 1.5 hours without being plugged up. im going to pull the hepa filter Sunday and see if that helps. But it didn't plug up on ME!

J20770

Name
Jason
Taking the hepa out will definitely make it run cooler, also check the filter under the bag.

J20770

Name
Jason
In theory, yes. That's why I suggested checking the pre motor filter first. If everything is right; no clogs, bag still has good air flow, filters clean than the only things left are an overly sensitive thermal cutoff or a bad motor.

steve_64

In theory, yes. That's why I suggested checking the pre motor filter first. If everything is right; no clogs, bag still has good air flow, filters clean than the only things left are an overly sensitive thermal cutoff or a bad motor.
That thermal cutoff is sensitive. But its probably saving my ass right now.

I'm getting use to the red light on the proteam too.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm now in the mood to get rid of this stupid pf99. It barely sucked up cat hair! powerflite is gonna hear it from me

J20770

Name
Jason
I'm now in the mood to get rid of this stupid pf99. It barely sucked up cat hair! powerflite is gonna hear it from me
Maybe it's been sitting around too long and the belt is stretched out? Is the bottom plate on correctly? Maybe it's clogged with demon stir sticks? That is usually a good performing vacuum. Hopefully they will take it back if you aren't happy.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I think that Oreck, Kirby or Sanitare are the best choices. The rest may work great but they are short term disposable units.

Reactions: J20770

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think that Oreck, Kirby or Sanitare are the best choices. The rest may work great but they are short term disposable units.
I might record my conversation with the person I talk to over the phone on getting an approval to return this junk.

Orek is nice, but It's for old 89 year old people, Kirby is a tank not made light enough for a busy carpet cleaner, and Sanitaire needs better belts. I hate that my Proteam has a small bag, but I'm gonna have to fix it for the time being until I find a better vacuum that's not priced stupid high

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
If the Oreck edged like the Kirby it may be the perfect vacuum. The Kirby is heavy but I unload it and load it four times a day. It’s not going to break by just riding around in the back of the truck. Plus, you can do a full service on the Kirby with a ball peen hammer and a box opener. I really don’t know jack crap about the Santitare, but I felt like I needed to give a third option. I don’t care if the shark ran on auto pilot while giving me a reach around, I do not want to buy a consumer grade tool.

Reactions: J20770 and BIG WOOD

steve_64

The higher dollar commercial vacuums make your business look better on paper.

A canister is nice on new installs and trashed rentals. We use sharks on these.

J20770

Name
Jason
I might record my conversation with the person I talk to over the phone on getting an approval to return this junk.

Orek is nice, but It's for old 89 year old people, Kirby is a tank not made light enough for a busy carpet cleaner, and Sanitaire needs better belts. I hate that my Proteam has a small bag, but I'm gonna have to fix it for the time being until I find a better vacuum that's not priced stupid high
The kirby is a tank but being self propelled it negates the weight of loading and unloading, at least I think so. The G6 and above gives you a few brush roll options and the transmission was tweaked starting with the G5 so it's not as jerky and is a little slower for a more thorough cleaning.

There are two different belts for the Sanitaire, make sure you are getting the heavy duty version. With the belt being in the dirt path it's not going to last forever but they are cheap and easy to change.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom