My vw project

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Does water hurt fiberglass? I didn't realize that. Although no engine exhaust, aren't you sucking air out of a big waste tank full of water?

I do have pee ports down at the bottom of the silencers if I were to get water in them, yes out of waste tank but not anything that will soak them with water. The moist air from waste tank may collect will have to wait and see, but I think they will be fine.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Wow Tom, I'm sorry to hear about your mom's passing. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Thank you, it was a total shock and very very sad to see someone robed of life to early.

Mikey P

Administrator
Oh man...

Tom do what you have to do buddy.

Sorry to hear about mom.

Send some filters if you cant make it and I'll show them off for you.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Oh man...

Tom do what you have to do buddy.

Sorry to hear about mom.

Send some filters if you cant make it and I'll show them off for you.

If we can't make it in person to support it we will support it with some filters for raffles. We were really looking forward to going and we still might just don't know yet.
We were going to go to ICE with my mom and dad but she started feeling sick, so my wife and I went down to go to doctors with her and we got the news that she had pancreatic cancer and it was stage 4. So my wife stayed down with here for about 2.5 months, I came back home to try and keep things going as best as I could. It has been very hard on all of us, but the world doesn't stop turning.
My wife is back home and she is in the office as I type just trying to get caught up and figure out all of MY GREAT PAPERWORK....:eekk:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Here is a video for Carpet Guy. I really don't know why you would say I am full of it about two blowers, I have been cleaning with just warm water and getting really good results, this is a empty living room not a hallway where wands sound way louder the room was 15 x 20. My silencers are working really good to you can just hear the TM in the background. I was laying down some heavy deodorizer and it was making a lot of foam and my suction/airflow did drop a bit due to it but still. Rednecks and there hunting dogs, gotta love Redneck Redding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPF30KIXYac

Reactions: Foothills Phil

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Bob
I don't normally clean like that, I rigged up a old hydro force to put in line and filled it with deodorizer, and it was making a lot of foam. We cleaned this for PM co. Did ozone machine, they cleaned hvac ducts,changed air filters and it turned out pretty good but just a little bit of dog odor left, They asked me to go nuke it with deodorizer so I did but it was making a poop load of foam.
This is turning into a really good job for us as we are getting paid for all the extra work but I really don't want to go out again, I told them they may need to air it out cause I may have over deoded it.
But yes you are correct about the wand technique it was pretty hackish

Reactions: bob vawter

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
sorry Thomas...after all that great fab work you did...
that video jus kicked in my OCD...i couldn't hep it!

Reactions: TConway

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Here is a little progress I have made with my vwtm. I never had any heat issues when the tm was located at side door of my trailer, but the trailer is not the best quality so I moved it to distribute the weight better, I should have moved it further towards the door (rear) as the trailer is holding to much heat inside.
I just rigged my throttle up to a air ram ( my original idea and it works awesome) I now have it set so when I lift wand off of carpet for a few seconds it drops back to idle I have it set at @ 1500-1600 just so everything keeps spinning freely.
I am still working on it but have been using it fairly often, I have gotten really used to my van and ease to park so I only take it out when I know I have easy access and parking.
It honestly does really good the motor that is in it now has got to be on its last leg but hey I paid 500.00 for two complete motors I picked what I felt was the better one for set up and then had the other one gone through, it is ready to put together now. Going to cost me 300.00 to assemble. I spent 300.00 to have all the machine work done to it, beefed up the bearing journals, 8mm case savers I also weighted the flywheel to give me more spinning mass, 300.00 for new piston,rings,and jugs.
I put a double capacity oil cooler in my water box to pre heat water and cool down my oil, this works SO well we are rethinking the EHX it will not need to be so big. In this video the HGs are maxing out at 15-16. I will be lowering it back down a bit to 13-14 just to ease up on belts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBgYIT3SaEg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51539

You have 12" of lift before the wand hits the carpet thus your need for E-idle...???

That just validates my statement that your dual blower system is a wash...

One blower is pulling against the other, that is why you have to lift the wand to let the system breathe (on frieze...LOL) otherwise the belts will fry (your words were -16hg is too hard on the belts)

Do a video with you putting your hand over the cuff, closing off the 2" hose, let us hear the machine and watch the vac gauge.

Then Disconnect the belts from the second blower and bypass the vac hoses (isolate the second blower) and do the same test.

I'll bet the second test with one blower will be way better than the first test with the two.

Just Saying...

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
My set up is this dual 2.5 hoses to back of filter, then 2.5 hose to 30 feet of 2.0. The lift only really increases after I put the 2.0 hose on it due to the restriction of the 2.0 hose. The truth is 16" Hg is going to be harder on belts than 13-14 and for what amount of gain very little so if it gives me more time between belt changes I am all for it. 14 hg on the carpet seal is good enough for me.
I am very happy with my machine and its performance, my fuel usage is very good, my carpets look awesome. It rips pennys up the wand without even trying my legend does to but you have to get them just right before they go up the vw is like o dang there goes another penny. I am very happy with it we did a dual wand job with it a while back, used my Lp heater and it did really good.
I don't have one 2.5 port coming out of tank I have a total of a 5" port. Each #4 is 2.5 x 2.5 the pull goes to the end of the vac hose.
Just the same as if you put a 2.0 hose on Mike's tm you don't think that the # 6 blower is going to create lift because of the 2" hose.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingjoelking

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
You have 12" of lift before the wand hits the carpet thus your need for E-idle...???

No I put this set up so that when I am cleaning and I set my wand down to move things, go have a soda, watch some TV, or make a sandwich my machine will idle back down and save on some fuel

That just validates my statement that your dual blower system is a wash...

One blower is pulling against the other, that is why you have to lift the wand to let the system breathe (on frieze...LOL) otherwise the belts will fry (your words were -16hg is too hard on the belts)

Do a video with you putting your hand over the cuff, closing off the 2" hose, let us hear the machine and watch the vac gauge.

Why? did you see my vac gauge in the video its at 15-16 with the wand on the carpet, that was just a bathroom rug with rubber backing and it was holding just fine, my neighbor was laughing at me cause I could hardly get it to come off the wand.

Then Disconnect the belts from the second blower and bypass the vac hoses (isolate the second blower) and do the same test.

I'll bet the second test with one blower will be way better than the first test with the two.

Just Saying...

I have a Pro Chem Legend with 1 ONE # 4 BLOWER....It is not better in anyway it will not maintain 14 -15 HG except on CGD carpet the vw doesn't matter the wand is very hard to pull no matter what carpet. There really is no comparison between the two.
My son and I took the van and trailer out one day to have some fun on a Saturday he had never used the vw so we had a 4 plex to clean so I let him clean some with the PC then we set up the vw he was shocked he was like I thought the PC was pretty BA but this things makes it fill like a porty. He said I would love to see what a AT is like it must be crazy powerful, I believe his statement to more than likely to be CORRECT.

Last edited:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I remember you saying you built one Carpet Guy do you have any pictures of your attempt? I am sorry you couldn't figure yours out.
I have to go to work now I think I will take my vwtm today its a big urine job and it works hella good with my flash extractor

D

Deleted member 51539

LOL... Keep Trying...

Sorry, No Free R & D...

I can give you a hint though... even Duane's machine doesn't work well with single action...

Have him post a video just like I have asked you...

Your machine is so much cooler On Line.

Chug... Chug... Chug... Stall... Gasp for Air...

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
From the looks of your picture there it looks like your still having a hard time with a iron.
Sorry no free R & D for you
My jobs went smooth, dry when I left the driveway, ran the vw 5 hrs used 2.5 gallons of Chevron super...now I am chug chug chugin a nice ice cold brew.
So you have used D O machine personally

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
http://acceleratedtruckmounts.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=2000_2100&product_id=1001

Duane made the same mistake as you, then he fixed it with dual 70 gal tanks....

But Your machine is truly amazing!

Don't worry I'll believe you, more importantly keep your Secret.

Either way, a video liked I asked would be nice, For some odd reason, I like the sound of blowers.
You see I look at this a different way than you, when we used dual wand, I had to turn up the rpms and close the vac relief to compensate for the other wand becoming the vac relief. See when you go two tanks you don't need to adjust rpms or vac relief because one wand is not effected by the other at all, like all dual wand machines, I believe the rpm is adjusted as more tools are attached to compensate.
By D O making two tanks he could get away with running it on a lower rpm and still have good vacuum.
It is not that one tank wont work but one tank is effected by extra tools.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Someone asked me about fuel economy, it is actually pretty dang good. I have a 10 gallon tank on the tongue of the trailer and have never came close to running out, Today I cleaned tm running 5 hrs went back to gas station topped her off took a tad over 2.5 gallons.
Wolfgang is helping me out he is actually the one that told me to put the oil cooler in water box, they do this also for vw dredge machines as they heat water and run it down to the guys wetsuit to keep them warm while the guy is in the water sucking the dirt up to the dredger.
He says when I am all done he wants to weld a bung to the exhaust so we can hook it up to some sort of machine (they use it for his dragster motors) and he will be able to tell if we can rejet it to get it as fuel efficient as possible.
The new throttle setup is working awesome, set the wand down to move and place my fans around, move my hoses back, and it would just idled back down, now I have it set to pull enough rpms to give me lift I want and not have it run away with itself when I lift the wand, The setup I had before was just not responsive enough.
Now that the motor is on a better throttle control it is much more relaxing to work with more like a regular TM.
My friend had bought a old (we think) Big Red and it had a nissan 4 cly with a # 5 blower but the governor was missing and it was very hard to work with because you would have to give it so much gas to handle the lift of the blower but then when you set the wand down the thing would run like crazy. Makes for a crazy day when your machine runs like that...you can't relax and just clean all you think about is the dang motor blowing up in your tm.

Last edited:

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I always wanted to build a vw tm. Those motors can take a beating. I had a bug for years. You can get a lot of heat from those motors. Ii think this tm is cool. If I'm ever up your way I would love to see it in action.

Reactions: TConway
D

Deleted member 51539

Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk...

Video, or it didn't happen...

Like your filter...

Just put a 5 gal paint strainer on the inside of the tank... Problem solved...

Try to make things simple... Not Hard...

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk... Talk...

Video, or it didn't happen...

Like your filter...

Just put a 5 gal paint strainer on the inside of the tank... Problem solved...

Try to make things simple... Not Hard...

Snap snap throw away is much easier than climbing into my hot azz van opening my waste tank ruining my lid seal any day...it is called WORKING SMARTER not HARDER for most. I know for a fact 5 guys this week will be working SMARTER very soon.
Maybe that is what is going on here

D

Deleted member 51539

I could care less about your filter... Sold Five (Rob gets 2) LOL

I Want all my competition to use your filter...

It's good for business.

Longer Dry times... Go for it...

With your Understanding and Logic on how TM's work... (based on your replies on the other forums)

You should consult For AmTex... They need a new Engineer...

I got tired correcting Bahman Saney's design flaws, Like I said.... No Free R & D...

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
If you are using the white strainer in your tank and were using them in a easy to get to filter more than likely we will have better dry times cause I know for fact you ain't climbing in there checking it after every job RIGHT
I am not a know it all but do know some, My buddy did a cfm test on his friends PC Everest now it was in stock form but my to my surprise my legend was pulling 40 more cfm @ 100' not to shabby for the little legend.
The funny thing is you have shown not one photo from a distance of your TM that you built I have a whole thread here of mine and though you do not agree so be it....where is proof of your trial I am not here to talk trash and sure I can but what is the point.
It really is about just building a TM and the fun doing it. Kinda like Fly fishing O its fun but it is even funner when you catch one on a fly you tied yourself.
Its for the guys that say man I would love to build my own machine I would do this or I would make it this way. My TM is the way it is because I wanted it that way I wanted to see if I could do it and you know I pretty dam proud that I can go out clean a carpet and clean it dam well and I built it. This is for those guys that want the same.
It is also for guys like YOU that need to strut there internet testosterone and say O you are freaking idiot I know cause I have done it, blah blah blah
I am happy my customers are happy and when I am done and If I so desire I know I can drive around and say for a fact that I have the most powerful TM in my town but you see that is not me I just let my work speak for itself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom