Our friend Ken Snow

Brian H

Name
Brian H
It's with a heavy heart that I have to tell you that my best friend passed away this early morning. In the end, the cancer was too widespread when first discovered and it was an impossible battle to fight. He was with loved ones when he finally left us and is now at peace and no longer in pain.

He touched may people in many different ways and considered you on Mikey's board all as friends. He often sent me the link to a thread on interesting topics or debates. When reading those, I could feel the connection he had for all of you and he would talk about you as if you were his brothers.

Thank you for all the best wishes, support and love you have shown him over the years and especially in the last few weeks.

Edit:

Some of you have expressed a wish to donate to a cause in Ken's name. The one that I think would most dear to his heart would be The Animal Care Network, which is a part of Michigan Animal Adoption Network.

Any donations can go to : Michigan Animal Adoption Network
P.O. Box #566
Roseville, MI 48066

http://michigananimaladoptionnetwork.org/about-us/our-team/

Once again I want to thank all of you for your kind words about Ken. I don't think even he realized how many lives he touched in such a positive way!!

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Thanks for posting that Brian. Ken loved this place and the camaraderie with fellow carpet cleaners. His kind gentle nature and sense of humor along with his incredible business acumen which he so generously shared made the whole industry a better place. He was much loved and will be greatly missed.

Name
Steve Lawrence
So very sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family and friends. You will be missed, Ken. RIP.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thank you Brian, so very sorry to hear this.

Our deepest condolences to his family and friends.

I only met Ken once, and will value that meeting as he was a true Gentleman and a friend.

Delia & Shorty.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
This is not how I wanted to start my day on the boards.

Very heavy hearted right now :(

Ken was such a great person!

My families condolences to all. I have to call my other family members to let them know the sad news.

Mark Saiger

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
This board has lost a great man and a good friend..........this industry has lost one of its best..........

Rest in peace Ken..........you will be greatly missed by so many........

Reactions: Terry and amygeorge

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
While I only met ken a few times in person, I spoke with him over the phone whenever I had operational questions and he would always give me time and give possible resolutions every time.

He will be missed by all who knew him, I was looking forward to playing some blackjack with him this week.

My condolences goes to his family and close friends.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Wow, Brian. Sioux and I are so very sorry.

But on the other hand I discovered something when my son was very ill- It isn't the actual dying that is so horrible. It is the process of getting there! Mercifully Ken's "process" was very short and quick. But still oh so young and what a great person.

Steve

PS Another thing I've learned about life and death is the greatest compliment that a man can earn over his lifetime is to be missed when he is gone. Ken's respect as a man among this industry is unparalleled and he most certainly will be deeply missed. (Plus who will be a "voice of reason" here?)

Last edited:
Name
Ron lippold
Im so sorry for everyone in Ken's family. He was a very giving guy. He will be missed by all of us.
Not the way I wanted to start my day.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Ken was very generous with his time and knowledge to me. I talked and emailed him many times with questions and he always had time for a answer. I will miss him very much. Good bye old friend......

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Brian,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry for your loss. I knew something was up when I phoned yesterday to come to visit and was told things were not going well.

I did look so forward to getting together with him a week from this coming Thursday. We had planned this awhile back. Death provides its sting again.

Undoubtedly, he helped many in the business and did not appear to loose touch where he came from and how he got to where he is today. I suppose that is what made his posts here interesting to consider. I intended to reminisce with him over a drink and share additional new stories when we were to get together mid September.

My condolences to his family and close friends.

Tom Monahan

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
So sorry to hear that. I didn't even know he was sick. I don't come here as often as I used to and this is a sad thing to hear. I remember a post a weeks ago saying he would be in vegas. I will miss his presence here

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
My heart just dropped into my stomach, this sucks.

Brian - Knowing Ken's love for animals, is there a certain local shelter he volunteered at that we could make a donation to in his name? I would like to think he would get a huge smile from that. We could each pony up even 20 bucks in his name to help Kens mission to help animals for all hes given us here.

Condolences to his family, friends, and loved ones.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
So sorry to hear the very sad news. Rest in Peace Ken. My thoughts and prayers for his family.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
This is so sad. A bad way to start a day. I really admired Ken, he was so giving of his advice and materials. He sent me stuff whenever I ask, he was a great example of what we should all strive to become. Prayers are sent to the family.

Last edited:

prodrying

I considered Ken a friend and am still in shock. Him and I had just collaborated on an article for cleaning and maintenance magazine in August. We talked on the phone and emailed back and forth often and I even bought
one of his old cleaning vans a few years back and got a tour of his great facility then. His family will be in my prayers.

He will be greatly missed.

FredC

Village Idiot
Brian - Knowing Ken's love for animals, is there a certain local shelter he volunteered at that we could make a donation to in his name? I would like to think he would get a huge smile from that. We could each pony up even 20 bucks in his name to help Kens mission to help animals for all hes given us here.

Looks like he did a lot of work with this group:

http://michigananimaladoptionnetwork.org/about-us/our-team/

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
I write this in respect, to one who was not selfish with the knowledge he obtained thru hard work, trial & error. He will be greatly missed. My prayers are for his family at this time.

In memory of Ken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom