Pro1200se

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So my 570 has been giving me a little problem, I changed the fuel pump and filters, and I died again today.

I pulled the fuel hose and no fuel.

So I changed the fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump, definite hose blockage.

I also messed with the float switch.

Got it running then it died again bypassed float switch and it runs. So I pulled float switch and it turns out I put it back on wrong.

Got it fixed for now, but I’am ordering another float switch when this goes out.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ps my 570 fuel pump is now pushing gas way better and it effects how the machine runs! Imagine that.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Was it FUEL hose or just "hose"?
It’s was fuel hose from tank to fuel pump draw side.

Also my float switch is acting up so we unplugged it and shoved a penny on the connectors runs fine.

Ordering a new float switch in the mean time empty every three rooms to be safe Hahahaha

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Lastly on my pro1200 if I would’ve changed all my spark plug wires with the spark plugs. I would’ve saved $1500 and had my truck running a 4-5 more days last month.

Live and learn

Reactions: Cleanworks

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yeah, cylinder misfire is often associated with spark plugs, and just needs a new. When i get those computer reading, plugs are the first thing that I check.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Yeah, cylinder misfire is often associated with spark plugs, and just needs a new. When i get those computer reading, plugs are the first thing that I check.
What do you check when you see this????

I was told to look for a ground wire

3F324E2F-FEBF-4A3E-A302-2556AF402313.jpeg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
in that case could be poor connection or damaged wire(s). I had to replace mine on gti . Best check ground wiring first
My guy maybe in over his head.

But I talked to another guy whose a customer. And a mechanic for the city of LA fleet of fords and chevys.

He said it could be a misfire and since we already replaced the spark plugs and wires it could be a bad coil.

That a compression test would find the bad cylinder, but probably replacing all the coils wouldn't be a bad idea.

The check engine light goes off. When I reset the computer by taking the battery cable off. It runs better and the traction control light goes off. It takes time for the light to go back on and the car to run rough.

Turns out it's kinda running on what's called safe mode to protect the catylic converter.

So I'll probably replace all the coils and hope I'm done for a minute.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

But I talked to another guy whose a customer. And a mechanic for the city of LA fleet of fords and chevys.

He said it could be a misfire and since we already replaced the spark plugs and wires it could be a bad coil.

That a compression test would find the bad cylinder, but probably replacing all the coils wouldn't be a bad idea.

The check engine light goes off. When I reset the computer by taking the battery cable off. It runs better and the traction control light goes off. It takes time for the light to go back on and the car to run rough.

Turns out it's kinda running on what's called safe mode to protect the catylic converter.

Replace enough parts and you'll eventually fix it.

scotty747

Check all the wiring from and to the coil. Coils usually work or don't. My gmc did something similar. It was the wiring connecter not making good contact. I put a rubber band around it. Fixed.

Reactions: SamIam and DAT

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
They seem to mostly resolve these issues without explicitly describing the issues to either their potential customers or competitors.
I believe they are the only manufacturer who is accepted by GM. Long official relationship there is my understanding. I have no problems even when running the Butler all day in Summer. Butler!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ok update, dealership says it’s two injectors and the engine needs to be torn down to fix.

No evap code. Like Empire came up with.

No problem with the catalytic converter.

But Chevy won’t touch it with after market parts, so no it’s a rough run Wednesday to Empire at 8 am for a quick pull of clutch and other parts, they’re gonna put a stock belt so I can drive it back and hopefully get it worked on.

Then once it's all fixed back to empire to reinstall parts.

2.5 hours times two! Probably $300-$500 for the Empire I would guess.

But the engine problems are under drivetrain warranty!

Wow. And I thought my service managers were dicks! When Chevy 2015 shit the bed in 2017, the dealership I finally found (thanks to Chris Adkins!), actually said they would work on it with every thing installed, as long as I disabled the Pro. (battery cables off, clutch disconnected). Ended up with them replacing the computer, underhood fuse box. They got it back to running, and the code came back on after 2 days. Turned out the problems damaged the cats, which are in the Y pipe. They replaced that, all was good. (Plugs and wires were on me because they were so cooked). They also did some Pro hose rerouting. Grand total was $429 for the plugs and wires. I'll bet they had $7-10,000 in warranty work, which GM covered. Oh, and after they refilled cooling system, they tested the radiator, and blew it out. They replaced that under warranty because they broke it in the shop.

Sapphire dropped the ball on this machine by not offering known problem help until you asked for it. Went through 3 clutches until they got it right. As for overheating, I understand, but not sure, that they have a replacement direct coupled fan for improved cooling. (As Butler does)

Also, the black heat exchangers, on side of unit, have been springing leaks, mostly in the earlier units. They'll fill up your cooling system with solution until it leaks out the radiator overflow tank. So far, mine has been good. But SS won't replace them until you break down. Which can be tough if you only run 1 truck.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

The effin "traction control light" was the beginning of my problems.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
T & H COMPLETE AUTO SERVICE

212 E Ave K 6 #350, Lancaster, CA 93535
(661) 945-8770

https://g.co/kgs/1mY4wq

Dropped it off here 12/30

Hes had it three weeks without even quoting me a price on anything.

And he tore the engine up and it's fine.

The number one injector was getting 12 volts way to hot.

Over a week ago. Was supposed to get a harness in Thursday and let me know if it was fixed.

My 570 has been a work horse but with 14 inch of lift under load the engine is starting to bog a little.

I'm going in tomorrow and seeing financially were I stand and if I'm towing it to empire and leaving it to be repoed I'm done with this shit.

I owe 2 more.years to the bank.

And its.cost $750 to have it sit at the place getting fixed.

I can provably make one van work for awhile if my 570 doesn't take a shit too.

I'm just super pissed and dont see a happy ending with this shit.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
T & H COMPLETE AUTO SERVICE

212 E Ave K 6 #350, Lancaster, CA 93535
(661) 945-8770

https://g.co/kgs/1mY4wq

Dropped it off here 12/30

Hes had it three weeks without even quoting me a price on anything.

And he tore the engine up and it's fine.

The number one injector was getting 12 volts way to hot.

Over a week ago. Was supposed to get a harness in Thursday and let me know if it was fixed.

My 570 has been a work horse but with 14 inch of lift under load the engine is starting to bog a little.

I'm going in tomorrow and seeing financially were I stand and if I'm towing it to empire and leaving it to be repoed I'm done with this shit.

I owe 2 more.years to the bank.

And its.cost $750 to have it sit at the place getting fixed.

I can provably make one van work for awhile if my 570 doesn't take a shit too.

I'm just super pissed and dont see a happy ending with this shit.
Drive to the ocean, push off a cliff, collect the insurance

SamIam

Name
sam miller
God damn replace wiring and wrap with heat protection charge me and let me get to work.

At least with a slide in you get support with the van and direct drive your at the mercy of the dealership or any body who'll work on it.

Empire mechanic Tim said we fix it all.

But they're never willing to help me

Reactions: Cleanworks
Back
Top Bottom