Pro1200se

SamIam

Name
sam miller
That does look very cramped. A more powerful fan would help. A larger dog house would allow more circulation. wrapping the exhaust headers and pipes with insulating tape would also help.
Still broke

20200122_115532.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: Hack Attack

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Check engine went in and out I asked them to please look at the catylic converter and make sure its good

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Blowing a fan at the front makes no difference with air flow.

Couldn't feel anything until the van fan kicked on

And only on the passenger side could I feel movement of air.

I could see a higher rpm helping with fan speed but that would create more heat to cool also.

I really hope to get the 5 years out of this van get it paid for and give it away.

2 more years of payments and I'm starting to get discouraged.

I dont see what sapphire could or would do.

Seeing as though there's alot of end users holding the stick

Probably my last sapphire unit at this point.

Because the 870 650 is way overpriced and the 570 isn't available here, and the little machine have heat but no where near the vacuum.

A slide in with a decent blower exist just have to look.

20200122_111127.jpg 20200122_111135.jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
Blowing a fan at the front makes no difference with air flow.

Couldn't feel anything until the van fan kicked on

And only on the passenger side could I feel movement of air.
would you expect it to?
and isn't their a lower radiator baffle or is that removed?

FredC

Village Idiot
I wasn't sure but that's been suggested to help cool it down.

Iam saying it doesn't appear to help.

Maybe if you shoved it in topside but it isn't going to blow through the radiator and I think there is a baffle/plastic shield that would prevent airflow from entering the engine bay as you have it directed

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I wasn't sure it airflow would go through the radiator.

But when I drive it at 50mph there significant airflow on the passenger side with the Doghouse removed but practically no airflow on the driver side.

At this point if they figure out the engine code and fix it I am tempted to leave the dog house off

Reactions: ronbeatty

FredC

Village Idiot
Not sure what he is talking about other than there are usually plastic pieces like the baffle ,shroud, cover etc that direct airflow.

Is this confirmed to be the same issue or could it be another? If it is confirmed the same what are the codes and what year/model/engine?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Not sure what he is talking about other than there are usually plastic pieces like the baffle ,shroud, cover etc that direct airflow.

Is this confirmed to be the same issue or could it be another? If it is confirmed the same what are the codes and what year/model/engine?
Its was bank 1 bank 3 bank 5 bank 7 open injectors.

Today they said it was an injector code.

Like if I use the van after a computer reset it takes 2-3 days for the check engine light to go on and goes into limp mode. Sometime it kicks in faster.

But I let it sit for 3 days and it ran fine when I took it to Hugo's.

Hugo's notice it went it and out of limp mode depending on how hot it was.

He suspected catylic converter possibly.

It's a 2016 chevy Express 4.7 liter engine 42000 miles.

When I Google the engine code its says bad injector or bad wiring or Ecm.

I would think they would look into those three things

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Sounds like it's your engine control module. Your engine is designed to save fuel by turning off cylinders when you don't need full power. The ECM is what tells the engine what to do. I don't know where it's mounted but if it's under the hood, the heat could be causing it to malfunction.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Sounds like it's your engine control module. Your engine is designed to save fuel by turning off cylinders when you don't need full power. The ECM is what tells the engine what to do. I don't know where it's mounted but if it's under the hood, the heat could be causing it to malfunction.
You would think the dealership could check that???

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You would think the dealership could check that???
It's really hard to check. Better to swap in a good one to see if it makes a difference. I had to replace an old one on my dodge. The first 2 were defective. The third one was the charm. Only had to pay for the third one.

Reactions: SamIam

Chris A

Name
Chris

I'm not sure about the 4.8, but the 6.0 doesn't have cylinder deactivation. I believe they left that out of the gm work truck engines

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Dealership got my permission to.put gas in van to.run it and try and get the codes to pop.

But they've since parked it the last two days and havent called me back hahahahahha

• Sad
Reactions: Hack Attack
Name
Lee Stockwell
I hate seeing tried and true machines get the "new and improved" treatment until they are unrecognizable.

My 20 year old Prochem 405s just keep on ticking. Dead nuts reliable.

My 20 year old WM Pro 2000 is also a great machine. It's in a backup role, only because the age of the GM van, but gets used regularly. I'll spring $300 for updated speed controls when we put it in a late model van next fall.

MY POINT is that neither machine NEEDED to be "improved" to extinction. I'm not impressed with faceplates that remind me of Bentley wands (I had 2), or any other cosmetic feature.

We need CONSTANT DEPENDABILITY.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I hate seeing tried and true machines get the "new and improved" treatment until they are unrecognizable.

My 20 year old Prochem 405s just keep on ticking. Dead nuts reliable.

My 20 year old WM Pro 2000 is also a great machine. It's in a backup role, only because the age of the GM van, but gets used regularly. I'll spring $300 for updated speed controls when we put it in a late model van next fall.

MY POINT is that neither machine NEEDED to be "improved" to extinction. I'm not impressed with faceplates that remind me of Bentley wands (I had 2), or any other cosmetic feature.

We need CONSTANT DEPENDABILITY.
Amen

Reactions: FB7777
Back
Top Bottom