The future of floor cleaning

Mikey P

Administrator
As I see it..

Between EPA regulations and the loss of a mechanically minded workforce, truck mounts anymore powerful than the current 370 will not be available new and not too distant future.
Electric hybrids will be our only option other than old used units which may be illegal to use.

Cleaning larger homes and larger facilities, you'll be left with the choice of using a portable extractor or low moisture method.

Expect more money in science to be spent on those low moisture methods, as nobody likes running a portable.

The overwedding and bacterial growth that go hand in hand with portable use will dictate their path as the science and money. figure that out more clearly.

Mark Saiger'sHWE die hard employee just demanded his own VLM machine.

The the hotter and bigger is better HWE die hards at Aladdin in SA.TX are all doing the same.

And the sooner the Bradys figures this shit out the better.

mark my words....

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I’m sure someone will figure out a way to use the type of electric motors that move an electric car to spin a pump and blower. Connect that to the battery in a one ton electric van and add a Little Giant.

Low moisture cleaning is only going to get more prevalent, I definitely see that. EPA regs might kill plastic polymer encap products though.

Reactions: Sal K and BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Between EPA regulations and the loss of a mechanically minded workforce, truck mounts anymore powerful than the current 370 will not be available new and not too distant future.

Other than Ca, Why do you think that?
and what makes a 370's air cooled motor less polluting (presuming that's the reason for the suspected death of) than a larger water cooled, computerized , fuel injected motor?

as far as the "not too" distant future, is that a generation (25 years) to you or less than 25?

I've got a Little Debbie OCP I'll wager that gas TMs will be around 20 years from now

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I’m sure someone will figure out a way to use the type of electric motors that move an electric car to spin a pump and blower. Connect that to the battery in a one ton electric van and add a Little Giant.

Low moisture cleaning is only going to get more prevalent, I definitely see that. EPA regs might kill plastic polymer encap products though.

air cooled motor less polluting (

Not the actual machine, rather that level of performance via a hybrid unit...

Reactions: Dolly Llama
Name
Steve Lawrence
Oh good, can't wait to see my son's ticket for running a truck mount illegally.

I'm usually not one to butt in but Mr. Saiger, don't you have some firing to do?

We live in crappy times...

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Expect more money in science to be spent on those low moisture methods,

who do you speculate will invest the R&D on that?
Aramsco? Saiger and Harvard? Von Shrader or HOST?
Rick Gee or Trinitee?

Not the actual machine, rather that level of performance via a hybrid unit

"the loss of a mechanically minded workforce"

how do they overcome that with a hybrid?

I DO think this is good thread (much better than "what pre-spray" and you going Corky Robinson hawking wares)

but I'm curious if there's manufacture "insider" info or just fickle Mike's musings from V/AT mega mounts, to entry level TM to spray 'n wipe to T&G to plastic shower...

I think the manufactures (and CC'ers) that need be concerned most, are the direct drive guys.
When GM stops production of their current cargo vans, they'll will be in trouble

otherwise, I think you'll be dED before that last gas TM rolls off the line
(I'm sure I will be)

..L.T.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
who do you speculate will invest the R&D on that?
Aramsco? Saiger and Harvard? Von Shrader or HOST?
Rick Gee or Trinitee?

"the loss of a mechanically minded workforce"

how do they overcome that with a hybrid?

I DO think this is good thread (much better than "what pre-spray" and you going Corky Robinson hawking wares)

but I'm curious if there's manufacture "insider" info or just fickle Mike's musings from V/AT mega mounts, to entry level TM to spray 'n wipe to T&G to plastic shower...

I think the manufactures (and CC'ers) that need be concerned most, are the direct drive guys.
When GM stops production of their current cargo vans, they'll will be in trouble

otherwise, I think you'll be dED before that last gas TM rolls off the line
(I'm sure I will be)

..L.T.A.

I cant share the insider info at this point but it's no laughing matter.

Mikey P

Administrator
I want you to think back, all of you, not just Larry of how many jobs you've done over the years that had a few to the horrendous amount of pet stains, yet it didn't smell bad.

Do you really think the owner was calling thinking that it was possible to flush all that urine out of the carpet, the backing the pad and the subfloor and they could start fresh with Mrs. Ficklebottom or SeniorBojangles or did they really just want the carpet to look better?

This will piss plenty of you off and most of you HWE die hards aren't capable of comprehending it, but water claws, vacuum site tubes and wand windows along with our I'm a carpet cleaning superhero that doesn't understand gravity mentality, are responsible for creating a horrendous amount of disgusting bacteria even worse than what the rotting urine created in our customers homes.

• Dislike
Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If Mike really has some sort of voice in our industry, his bigheaded super salesman ass needs to tell these Manufacturers (Legend🖕Brands) to use their fat wallet to find a way to keep making Everest size machines and quit being a bitch about it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I want you to think back, all of you, not just Larry of how many jobs you've done over the years that had a few to the horrendous amount of pet stains, yet it didn't smell bad.

Do you really think the owner was calling thinking that it was possible to flush all that urine out of the carpet, the backing the pad and the subfloor and they could start fresh with Mrs. Ficklebottom or SeniorBojangles or did they really just want the carpet to look better?

This will piss plenty of you off and most of you HWE die hards aren't capable of comprehending it, but water claws, vacuum site tubes and wand windows along with our I'm a carpet cleaning superhero that doesn't understand gravity mentality, are responsible for creating a horrendous amount of disgusting bacteria even worse than what the rotting urine created in our customers homes.
There is a place for LMC, but cancelling out the need to do a periodic flushing with a decent machine is foolish. I know you floor buffers love to show off how dirty your pad is to make people think you're not just hiding the dirt.

Quit thinking that a floor buffer is gonna make the carpet any cleaner. I don't believe anyone that says different.

And if anyone is saying that less carpet is being produced due to vinyl floors...it's just a phase. Carpet will come back very soon, if it's not already. My business is slammed with work

Reactions: sassyotto

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You're telling me that Stanley and ZR are gonna all find a way to put some P.O.S small engine slide in tm, instead of their setup?

Do I hear another B.S.?

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom