The future of floor cleaning

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
A 570 with the water pressure turned all the way down, heat all the way up, a fine mist of UPE, some generic CLO2, dwell time, rinse with powdered AFR and 2 slow dry strokes for every slow wet stroke will clean better and dry as fast as a thorough but inadequate padding. HWE ain’t going away…. With the proper glide of course.
Mikey Lee

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
A 570 with the water pressure turned all the way down, heat all the way up, a fine mist of UPE, some generic CLO2, dwell time, rinse with powdered AFR and 2 slow dry strokes for every slow wet stroke will clean better and dry as fast as a thorough but inadequate padding. HWE ain’t going away…. With the proper glide of course.
Mikey Lee

Ill take that side by side challenge

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Ill take that side by side challenge
I’d be glad to do it. But VLM is inefficient and incomplete. It may be necessary is some circumstances. But the results are still the same. Even if improvement of appearance is the goal.
The reason I abandoned VLM is that I do not perform any maintenance cleaning. Unless a business is a janitorial service, the majority of cleanings are semi annually or annually. VLM is the wrong approach. If a TM cannot reach the area to be cleaned then a portable followed by a jiggler would be the best answer. But not one of the two standing alone. Unless again it is a quarterly or more cleaning. But nothing can ever replace a PD blower, skin peeling heat, modern chemistry and glided wands.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Corky Robinson selling shake 'n shine
are responsible for creating a horrendous amount of disgusting bacteria even worse than what the rotting urine created in our customers homes.

or they could slow down the wand stroke and not saw square yards with keyed trigger blowing 550-650 psi

They might discover they'll get it cleaner, have little to NO wick-back from then on and not create a "bacterial laden cesspool"*

*That was already there to start with and the right chems and technique can actually remove some of it and make an "improvement"

but I guess I "just don't understand"...

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
that had a few to the horrendous amount of pet stains, yet it didn't smell bad.

not sure I can recall many (any?) that had a "horrendous amount" of pet stains that didn't have an odor
(unless it was cat puke on top) and not dog urine soaked to sub floor

maybe Fee-Fee's pee-pee is different in the desert??

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Corky Robinson selling shake 'n shine

or they could slow down the wand stroke and not saw square yards with keyed trigger blowing 550-650 psi

They might discover they'll get it cleaner, have little to NO wick-back from then on and not create a "bacterial laden cesspool"*

*That was already there to start with and the right chems and technique can actually remove some of it and make an "improvement"

but I guess I "just don't understand"...

..L.T.A.

You dont.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
As I see it..

Between EPA regulations and the loss of a mechanically minded workforce, truck mounts anymore powerful than the current 370 will not be available new and not too distant future.
Electric hybrids will be our only option other than old used units which may be illegal to use.

Cleaning larger homes and larger facilities, you'll be left with the choice of using a portable extractor or low moisture method.

Expect more money in science to be spent on those low moisture methods, as nobody likes running a portable.

The overwedding and bacterial growth that go hand in hand with portable use will dictate their path as the science and money. figure that out more clearly.

Mark Saiger'sHWE die hard employee just demanded his own VLM machine.

The the hotter and bigger is better HWE die hards at Aladdin in SA.TX are all doing the same.

And the sooner the Bradys figures this shit out the better.

mark my words....
I think there is a lot of truth here but at the same time too many variables.

The fear mongering and everything being illegal ect wont happen.

I do believe slide in truckmount manufacturers will have challenges adapting. I noticed companies like hydramaster cant seem to keep up or deliver ca compliant units and the Peak 500 seems to have no competitors for mid level at the moment

I believe the big slide ins will die off eventually and pto machines will be the preferred truckmounts because of how they are classified and or electric truckmounts will be available.

as far as vlm goes I hate it all of it I think its shit! but I need to learn it and become great at it because I would love to be able to get good results and not run a truckmount on large commercial jobs so as you're saying then there would be no need for big slide ins and I would run small simple truckmounts and vlm.

ImperialCC

Name
Jason McCurry
Instead of trying to guess the death date of the fire breathing fossil fuel burning truckmount, why don’t some of you experienced super intelligent Carpet cleaners build an electric option and make a truck ton of money like Mikey off the glides?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
why don’t some of you experienced super intelligent Carpet cleaners build an electric option and make a truck ton of money like Mikey off the glides?

I'm working on a nuclear fusion power unit that will fit in a van to provide the power needed to drive a lectro-mount that equals or exceeds the biggest gas/diesel TMs
I've solicited for investors, but they're all investing in the breakthrough "science" of better/more absorbent pads, shampoo juice and the law of fizzics to defy the actions that pushes scum slurry to the backing

..L.T.A.

Reactions: ImperialCC

FredC

Village Idiot
Instead of trying to guess the death date of the fire breathing fossil fuel burning truckmount, why don’t some of you experienced super intelligent Carpet cleaners build an electric option and make a truck ton of money like Mikey off the glides?
Ohms law

Lack of access to vehicle with integrated battery pack and the fact that “tapping in” is likely to void any warranty

Weight* and cost of individual “E-PTOs” like the battery banks that are used for hydraulics on bucket and trash trucks ….which you might see the return of (hydraulic truck mounts)

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yesterday I cleaned 2000 sqft of tile. I was there from 9am to 6:30pm. I was so tired I could hardly get out of the van when I got home. I'm going back Saturday to clean the guest house. Anyway, my 870 used 1/2 a tank of fuel running all day cleaning tile. Nuts!

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Yesterday I cleaned 2000 sqft of tile. I was there from 9am to 6:30pm. I was so tired I could hardly get out of the van when I got home. I'm going back Saturday to clean the guest house. Anyway, my 870 used 1/2 a tank of fuel running all day cleaning tile. Nuts!
What were the challenges that made it take so long?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
What were the challenges that made it take so long?
It was a bitch. The tile wand cause streaks so I had to redo everything with a spinner. Plus the spinner cleaned much much better but it was slower. The tile had an application of sand on the surface as a non-slip surface, which flowed down the movement of the spinner movement. The tile was white and it was in a mansion on a ranch surrounded by red dirt, so the tile had a tan tint to it before cleaning. They're having their annual Cattle Baron's Ball this weekend so I'm returning to do the guest house which is tiled in 1000 sqft black slate. It should go much faster. I promised I would be done before the Cattle Barons arrived.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Willy P

Name
Willy P
As I see it..

Between EPA regulations and the loss of a mechanically minded workforce, truck mounts anymore powerful than the current 370 will not be available new and not too distant future.
Electric hybrids will be our only option other than old used units which may be illegal to use.

Cleaning larger homes and larger facilities, you'll be left with the choice of using a portable extractor or low moisture method.

Expect more money in science to be spent on those low moisture methods, as nobody likes running a portable.

The overwedding and bacterial growth that go hand in hand with portable use will dictate their path as the science

Operator inability is the first demon. The amount of available electricity is also a concern. The 8.4 and 6.6 vacuum motors can produce some impressive numbers but you run into problems with Mr. Amps. 2 sets of vacs in series both sets running to a parallel will give you the ability to go 100 feet but you need 3 or 4 cords to pull that off.. An inline booster gives you a little more. Then you need a pump and a heating system. Good luck with all that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom