The future of floor cleaning

Mikey P

Administrator
How do you know?
Because I watch Mutual Of Ohmaha Marlin Perkins on cheap but big ass TVs..

PXL_20221209_201959398.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I told my chillins and wife I don't buy presents...............but I xpect them : )

Reactions: Cleanworks

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
why don’t some of you experienced super intelligent Carpet cleaners
The problem, all wrapped up right there.

as far as vlm goes I hate it all of it I think its shit! but I need to learn it and become great at it
If you can spare ten minutes you'll be as great as you'll ever be. One of the attractive parts of VLM is how easy it is.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
How much power would a blower take to spin can electric spin a 45 blower somehow? Electric pumps are easy I just don’t understand how they will heat the water

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
How much power would a blower take to spin can electric spin a 45 blower somehow?

just memory now, but think a 45 needs 12-14(?) HP (gas engine)
pump is like 5-6 HP if running max psi
Electric motors are more than capable of driving any size blower and pump

problem is, you need 220vt to run electric motors capable of driving a 45 blower and pump.
you'd have to move the stove (220/50amp plug) and use that plug for the juice needed.
(don't know if the 30amp dryer plug is enough)

so to power a lectro-mount equiv to gas "conveniently" , you need a bigazz gas engine generator running.
which defeats the whole purpose, when that gas engine can be used more efficiently to drive the blower and pump

..L.T.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
I miss Cobb and his end of the gas powered TM predictions..
Only his goofy myTe-Eunits were still gas powered...:lol:

that wand though...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Hydromaster put some donuts into lectro TM R&D with the X-Drive .
Would seem a poor choice right now though, given you need to run the van engine for hot water and to power the gen that feeds the lectro needs

BUTT....might put them ahead of the game as EV tech 'n battery advances continue

.L.T.A.

Reactions: Giorgio

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hydromaster put some donuts into lectro TM R&D with the X-Drive .
Would seem a poor choice right now though, given you need to run the van engine for hot water and to power the gen that feeds the lectro needs

BUTT....might put them ahead of the game as EV tech 'n battery advances continue

.L.T.A.
Hydrogen seems to be the answer. Hydrogen fuel cell can power a truck mount, provide electric heat or be burned in a gas fired heater similar to a LG.

FredC

Village Idiot
just memory now, but think a 45 needs 12-14(?) HP (gas engine)
pump is like 5-6 HP if running max psi
Electric motors are more than capable of driving any size blower and pump

problem is, you need 220vt to run electric motors capable of driving a 45 blower and pump.
you'd have to move the stove (220/50amp plug) and use that plug for the juice needed.
(don't know if the 30amp dryer plug is enough)

so to power a lectro-mount equiv to gas "conveniently" , you need a bigazz gas engine generator running.
which defeats the whole purpose, when that gas engine can be used more efficiently to drive the blower and pump

..L.T.A.

Even a 50 amp circuit at 240v is only 16ish “theoretical” horsepower

Edit: you can get by with a motor rated less hp than an engine would need to be rated for though

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
This topic adds weight to the discussion of considering low moisture methods. Back in the day very few of the old truckmount crowd would ever give consideration to such blasphemies as encapsulation or bonnet/pad cleaning. But thankfully the world continues to turn and times have changed. Advances in encap chemistry, microfiber, dry compound, orbitals, CRB's etc have transformed what's now possible. So some of those old diehard standards are not as relevant as they were once thought to be. 🙂😎

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Edit: you can get by with a motor rated less hp than an engine would need to be rated for though

I knew there was something substantially different about electric motors and gas engine "HP" ratings
Just too stoopit to comprehend advanced electric ....and math

Jay, to be "sure" you have enough juice to drive a lectro-mount, you'll just have to have an electrical engineer and fab shop make an adapter plug compatible with electric meter and meter socket.
Unplug meter, plug in adapter and plug meter back in to adapter

easier to get to than any ole stove plug anyway.
Don't mention it to utility company

and make the custy is aware they'll have to reboot everything and re-set all the clocks after you're gone.....

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
So some of those old diehard standards are not as significant as they were once thought to be

If the definition of "cleaning" is removing foreign material and contaminants from the floor, counters, tubs, pots 'n pans or leisure suits..
the "standard" isn't a "thought to be" thing.
It's what it is then, now and forever ...it doesn't change

The question is,
is a lesser method not as capable of achieving as "clean" as other methods significant?

..L.T.A.

FredC

Village Idiot
I knew there was something substantially different about electric motors and gas engine "HP" ratings
Just too stoopit to comprehend advanced electric ....and math

..L.T.A.

As a general rule an electric motor rated at 75% of what an ICE is will be equivalent

Also the difference of when that power is delivered. Electric motor torque ( what we are really talking about) is delivered almost instantly and continuously. The ICE rating is a peak point on a curve reached under a very particular set of circumstances (rpm, humidity, temp, fuel, restrictions, etc) .

A lot of other variables like electric motors efficiency rating but you can get by with less “hp” on the motor….of course you still need the power to run it which will be hard to come by in residential outlets except for the smallest truck mounts even if there is a charging outlet in the garage

Edit* most TMs engines are sized with this in mind though (electric vs engine hp) and blower specs are “electric hp”

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom