The World's First Carbon Fiber Carpet Cleaning Tool

hurricane

Hey john, I currently own a Bentley and i love how it works, but boy it's sure heavy to operate and my back reminds me every day. Granted I know its a work in progress and there are some great ideas being utilized or redesigned, especially the carbon fiber design. Can owners of the original trade up or pay the difference on the new wand. I remember you writing about new updates being at no charge to existing owners of the bentlys, on one of these forums. Do I fall under that comment?

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Matt,

Yes, Mytee will work out something for the guy's who have the original Bentley. Our production run for the New Bentley will be around the end of June. I'll post on Mikey's Board once I have some inventory how we can make the exchange. Thanks for being a customer, we appreciate your business very much.

John

hurricane

your reply was quick and I will stay a Mytee customer! By the way, the new blue chemical jugs are working great. I was getting tired of the old generic ones that always leaking from cracks, but not yours. Good design!!

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Matt,

Those new blue bottles will last a long time unless you run over them with your truck. (no warranty for that)

Hi Jimbo,

You'll love the new carbon fiber Bentley.

hurricane

What size is the wand head? good decision to lose the pistol grip trigger and swivel connect. One thing that gets me about 2" wands are my hand and wrists are dead at days end. How about a 1 or 1.5 inch gripped handle which runs parallel above the 2"vacuum tube with the basic pressure valve on it. That would be very comfortable and easier to operate the swiveling head too.

Greenie

hurricane said:
What size is the wand head? good decision to lose the pistol grip trigger and swivel connect. One thing that gets me about 2" wands are my hand and wrists are dead at days end. How about a 1 or 1.5 inch gripped handle which runs parallel above the 2"vacuum tube with the basic pressure valve on it. That would be very comfortable and easier to operate the swiveling head too.

That would be the Ron Werner handle, Ron you got an old pic?

Jimbo

Hey John...I forgot to ask...will you be building those for us 'normal' sized people?...can the carbon fiber tube be longer to fit 6'4"??

ps I'm also wondering how to get the slight amount of play out of the cleaning head...does the Bentley have more than 1 of the thin brass washers in the swivel area usually? Just curious...Thanks, Jim

Brett

What was the hose length to the booster and booster to wand in the video? Looked like a fair run.

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Jimbo,

We showed 2 sizes in the video. The first one was my size (5'8") the second one was 6" longer.

Hi Brett,

The hose run in the video was 100' to the booster and another 50' to the Bentley.

Brett

John, with your new booster, would 1 3stage hi performance to a second mytee 2 stage be better for airflow for longer runs, or two hi performance 3 stage boosters be better?

Name
John LaBarbera
Brett, I haven't tested that configuration yet. But I think I would go with the 3 stage vac and get the higher lift and the additional 15 CFM. In other words, (and I would like to test this first) On say an M5 with148" H2O and 230 cfm and add 2? boosters each with 115 cfm would equal 460 cfm. I would like to try it first. It sounds good on paper but the reality is 4 power cords, and I don't like the sound of that.

Brett

4 cords is fairly easy if your not running electric heaters or rotovacs. 2 cords to kitchen, one to downstairs bath and one to upstairs bath is the way I would do it in a 2 story. The two boosters with 3 stage vacs competing against the M5's vac motors was what I was wondering about. Does the New 3 stage booster run the same high performance vac that the M5 is running?

Name
John LaBarbera
yes, same motor in the M5 and the booster. A Mytee 230 volt Clothes Dryer adapter would handle 2 of the cords.

TimP

Not only that you can get 1 cord from the washing machine since they are on their own circuit too. So that would make 3 from 1 room.

There are plenty of places to get power from in a home, commercial locations can be the trouble in my opinion. Especially when they keep the breaker boxes locked.

Name
John LaBarbera
Thanks, Tim. And that's the reality, 4 cords can be a problem in an industrial or office building. However, they all don't have to be used on all jobs.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I bought the Greenhorn, but I liked some things about the Bentley better.

I never liked that trigger handle and it seemed short without it.

The Greenhorn had that awesome 5 jets evenly placed over 14 inches, with the jets in just the right position and angle. That did it for me.

But I liked the swivel and the more triangle shape of the Bentley better because it would get under cabinets like in bathrooms better, and would likely be better around toilets and such because it would eliminate the bend hang up.

How about adding a side plate to better confine the spray?

If you could make all these minor adjustments, it would be hard to buy anything else.

Loren

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Loren,

Thanks for the comments. We put the jet extension check valves back on and that has brought the jets closer to the carpet and has also diminished the over spray.

Greenie

What? no aluminum flashing glued to the sides to contain spray and slice sofa skirts?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Brett said:
John, with your new booster, would 1 3stage hi performance to a second mytee 2 stage be better for airflow for longer runs, or two hi performance 3 stage boosters be better?

Brett, how long do want to run it?

These vacs are way more powerful than what's in your recoil. You could easily run 150 ft of hose and then the remaining 50 to a booster to give you 200ft.

Name
John LaBarbera
Kevin McCreary said:
[quote="Mikey P":fsbxz6tk]I'm working with John on figuring out how to ad another vacuum port behind the spray bar.

Be careful I think someone tried that. LOL

Oh no, Don't tell me someone has a patent out there for a second vacuum port. How odd!

:shock:
[/quote:fsbxz6tk]

Greenie

Bill Soukoreff said:
Brett, how long do want to run it?

These vacs are way more powerful than what's in your recoil. You could easily run 150 ft of hose and then the remaining 50 to a booster to give you 200ft.

I keep trying to remind my recoil friends of that....it really is impressive vacuum with the new vac motors.

Brett

I would say my newer Recoil XPS with the 3 vac motors is probably pretty much the same as the M5 with the 2 Hi Performance. Which would be make the M5 a good choice for maintenance and repair. I think Ed has added a stronger 3 stage motor on the pump cord than I have on my machine and mine is about 1 year old.If I had 3 Hi performance motors like the M5 in the recoil, could be kick ass but need 3 cords of course and maybe that tank Ed uses might not be strong enough for that kind of suction. I added a 3rd cord to mine. I have run 90' 2 inch to 25' 11/2 to 11/2 AW29 Green Hole glided and with 150psi, multiple wet and 4-6 dry it did ok but slow. That was without my Hydro filter I bought. External filter, all 2' hose to 2" hole glided wand I would say 100'-115' would give fair recovery at 200-250psi. I had a 4000 sq ft 2 story in mind with the unit set up downstairs which was why I was curious about the 2 booster combo. 200-250 ft was what I might need. Boosters of course are cheap for what you get and easy to carry up stairs. John is going to test the M5 to High performance 3 stage booster like the video to a second 3 stage Hi performance booster vs a smaller second booster (smaller 3 stage or 2 stage) to test the boosters fighting the M5.

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Brett,

I haven't been able to actually test multiple boosters yet. I think that as long as the base unit is powerful enough then the 3 stage would be better than the 2 stage booster.

As far as your comment on the 2 stage booster mounted on the machine being as effective as 2-3 stages with a booster down range, I think the down range booster would be way better. The reason I say this is that according to the Vac motor company and our own testing the cfm is diminished on long hose runs with out a booster. Calling a second or third motor on a machine should not rightly even be called a booster. But I guess people can call it what ever they want in the final analysis.

nrpepper

Name
Nathan Pepper
Some more information on the new Bentleys...

bentley.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom