Biggest BB Hype Purchase Mistake

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL "Honest" :biggrin:

The test is to show them the results and let choose what they want to buy.

Encap will look better every time. If its no more than moderately soiled then Encap is the better option. If its heavily soiled then HWE and Encap from then on.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Ace hardware's suppliers.

Actually, Fred, if one were to find what we use in our JAGUAR systems at ACE Hardware, that would be a good thing! And truthfully, nothing wrong with that because the Operator could get back into business after hours when the manufacturer is closed. That's a good thing!

However, having stated that, one could not get the same components which we have to use in our building of equipment because they must go under the microscope for CE Approval. CE approval is very, very difficult to acquire, period, (as I understand you are not familiar with) and consequently, CE would fail us if we were to build using Ace Hardware components!

This whole process has really changed from the "old days"!

Best;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

FredC

Village Idiot
Actually, Fred, if one were to find what we use in our JAGUAR systems at ACE Hardware, that would be a good thing! And truthfully, nothing wrong with that because the Operator could get back into business after hours when the manufacturer is closed. That's a good thing!

However, having stated that, one could not get the same components which we have to use in our building of equipment because they must go under the microscope for CE Approval. CE approval is very, very difficult to acquire, period, (as I understand you are not familiar with) and consequently, CE would fail us if we were to build using Ace Hardware components!

This whole process has really changed from the "old days"!

Best;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Very difficult? Tell us more Ed. I would be VERY surprised if your porty fell into a category that was not self certified.

FredC

Village Idiot
Point?

It is funny to see you enter a regrets list thread asking about another companies product when your equipment makes quite a few biggest regrets lists..............including the Big Giant Head's.

Then talk about all the changes but it looks like the sos to me......but hey its CE certified right? Which, as it turns out, is not important in the US and is something you basically just declare you comply with in this case but maybe I'm wrong (unfamiliar with) and you will post an inspection report from one of the agencies that put you "under a microscope". If you are finding it "very difficult" to get though I'll download the mark and email it to you. ;)

Reactions: Jimmy L

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Fred;

In all due respect, you must be a lost soul.

To criticize is very easy, (....in this case but maybe I'm wrong unfamiliar with---your words, not mine) however, in this situation, you just have no idea what it takes. I do know that other manufacturers do and may want to comment.

But, it makes no difference because you have a terrific opportunity to play around with my comment anyways.--lol

Best;
Ed Valentine

FredC

Village Idiot
Fred;

In all due respect, you must be a lost soul.

To criticize is very easy, (....in this case but maybe I'm wrong unfamiliar with---your words, not mine) however, in this situation, you just have no idea what it takes. I do know that other manufacturers do and may want to comment.

But, it makes no difference because you have a terrific opportunity to play around with my comment anyways.--lol

Best;
Ed Valentine
I'll assume this is what Mike meant here:
http://mikeysboard.com/threads/not-to-be-a-judson-shill-but.223257/#post-3690469

Explain what it takes Ed. Tell us how you are under the microscope when getting the CE mark for your porty. Which agency/Notified Body put you under this microscope?

You make it sound like your facility is inspected by the EU and they took one of your portables apart and examined it. Did either of these things happen?

Reactions: GreenTechAgain

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Fred;

1. NO, (CE) does not inspect any facility.
2. YES, there are specific labs that actually inspect and take apart the machine. They inspect every component, electrical connection, etc....
3. British Standards is responsible . And, if one does not have their approval (CE) then, your product will be stopped at the dock and the manufacturer will be fined, and will not be able to market their product to the Countries who participate in that program. It was designed to meet certain Safety Standards.

I hope this explains enough because do not "assume" anything, btw. However, we did work very hard for this and are very proud as you can well imagine.

Now, if you require further information on what size shoe or underwear I wear, then so sorry, but I will "assume" you are a ______________!

Thanks Fred, appreciate your questions.

best;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
2. YES, there are specific labs that actually inspect and take apart the machine. They inspect every component, electrical connection, etc....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Ed, was your machine certified by means of an independent testing lab or by manufacturer's declaration? Your statement above seems carefully crafted to give the impression it was the former, while not actually saying it. Either method can be legitimate.

And what benefit to US users would you say comes from a product bearing the CE mark? From UL's website:

What is a CE mark and is it equivalent to a UL Listing Mark?

A CE Marking is a European marking of conformity that indicates that a product complies with the requirements of the applicable European laws or directives. The European Community established the CE marking system to ensure free movement of products between member countries and to remove internal barriers to trade. The CE marking is a legally required marking in the European Union (EU) and applies to a variety of product categories. It is usually a manufacturer’s self-declaration that the product complies with European laws and may not include assessment to safety requirements.

Because most products bearing the CE mark are not required to be third-party certified, are not subject to ongoing factory surveillance of production, and may not be compliant with applicable U.S. product safety standards, they are not considered to be Listed as defined in NFPA and ICC model codes and standards.

FredC

Village Idiot
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In order to receive a CE mark?

Sorry. Not buying it. If you can show that in order to get the CE mark (not after in some random port compliance test) your machine was inspected by an independent testing body I will donate $100 to your favorite charity.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
If a firm used a notifying body to certify their product they are required to list the NB's four digit identification with the mark. What 4-digit ID does Cross-Am use?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Like this:

109.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Sorry Ed but Dan and Fred aren't the only ones reading it that way as Dan was saying: carefully worded to state something that it doesn't state.
Politicians are experts at that.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
To those who are non-believers:

Let me ask the following: (Of course, you all know this, right?) How could we sell our product in those Countries who require CE approval if we did not have it? And, "who" certifies/passes your product? Me? No way.

BTW, Are there any other manufacturers out there to back this up????

Anyways, I do wish I could convince you doubters, but perhaps you just keep on doubting.--lol I think I offered enough information.

Gee's..................................

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom