Biggest BB Hype Purchase Mistake

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My other regret is that old mytee hard surface spinner with the single handle with the pressure washer gun. That stupid thing was around $450, and it couldn't get under cabinets and would leave a 1/4" dirty line along the wall.

When I brought it to their attention, they told me to lift it up on one side, which would create so much overspray. I'm lucky I got it sold on ebay

Reactions: PrimaDonna
Name
Nate W.
My other regret is that old mytee hard surface spinner with the single handle with the pressure washer gun. That stupid thing was around $450, and it couldn't get under cabinets and would leave a 1/4" dirty line along the wall.

When I brought it to their attention, they told me to lift it up on one side, which would create so much overspray. I'm lucky I got it sold on ebay

It's called the turbo tilt.... All spinners leave a line, you can either tilt it or go with a wet rag...

Name
Matt
A truck mount from Amtex from the Forum-for-idiots.com, better known as ****. The owner of that forum kissed Ben's ass and made it out like he was the Savior of truck mounts, and at the time...my dumb ass believed him. It nearly ruined my business with the down time I had. I'll hold a grudge on both that forum and Ben until I retire, if I retire.

Hey Matt, I saw that he did that, and looks like he still is....I was like WTF? Amtex really??

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And no one over there believed me when I said look beyond the fancy paint job and see how complicated it would be to work on and how outdated it really was.

Reactions: Todd Millar

hogjowl

Idiot™
Rob relentlessly harassed Jim Martin until he finally left. I have to think it was out of jealously. Jim never posted false information or had any agenda. He was just being helpful.

Reactions: TConway
Name
Matt
Rob relentlessly harassed Jim Martin until he finally left. I have to think it was out of jealously. Jim never posted false information or had any agenda. He was just being helpful.
I went back over there very briefly this month.....then my step son got into my account and started going at it with some guy from Cali on there....it was bad and funny at the same time, sending pms back and forth......I hadnt been there in around 4 years or so.....they banned me.....thought about contacting them and letting them know what happened but after reading other posts over there it seems a lot of those guys are....well..special.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That just doesn't make any sense??? Why would you chase off people that only want to help and in doing so make it the board better.
baffling thought process but ohh well! :oldrolleyes:

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
The "Widjet" drag wand made by Arnie Ballweather. He mechanically rotated the spray bar under the hood with a chargeable battery. He was a visionary of sorts. (I may have his last name spelling incorrect - my apologizes in advance) He was farmer in Eugene Oregon too and custom made each piece of equipment on the farm. He was however a pioneer in a version of a direct drive truck mount. I owned two in the past. No real regrets there except you had to wait 6 or more months to get one.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Steve Lawrence
Hi Tom. I did the Ballweber thing, too. Really powerful machine and yes he was a visionary and made some clever things. I always like the way he routed the suction from that #5 Sutorbuilt to the waste tank. But those heat exchangers were junk. His drive shaft was also very substantial. I never bought a Widget but it did look pretty cool. I miss my Ballweber. It had such a nice quiet growl when running. Not annoyingly loud like many of today's TM's.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Hi Tom. I did the Ballweber thing, too. Really powerful machine and yes he was a visionary and made some clever things. I always like the way he routed the suction from that #5 Sutorbuilt to the waste tank. But those heat exchangers were junk. His drive shaft was also very substantial. I never bought a Widget but it did look pretty cool. I miss my Ballweber. It had such a nice quiet growl when running. Not annoyingly loud like many of today's TM's.

Thanks for the correction on the last name Steve.

It was quiet and very roomy inside to carry lots of air movers and dehumidifiers. The heat exchangers were great when they worked. That got clogged up to quick since, in those days, we ran cleaning chemistry through them. It may be time to rethink the design and reissue a version of that machine for someone.

BTW" I still have the relic, the "Widjet". (All Stainless Steel) Highest bidder for this museum piece will take it.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom