Here you go Mardie...REAL DUAL PROCESS CLEANING

John G

Must be a secret term John uses to sell his magic snake and shine bulls hit to the morons.

Just what I figured, all blow, no go..

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I hate portable but like you they are a necessary evil! :winky:

If we are comparing a TM & a portable, it breaks down to logistics. What sort of hose runs and how will the cleaning compare to using a portable instead. If you can reach it with a TM then that would be my primary choice, if it means extended lengths and increased time in setup then I'd consider a portable.

BUT don't buy cheap, but as big as you can get and skip the frills of auto fill & dump and heat. Get better pressure and vacuum instead.

If you're cleaning more than just a few thousand sq/ft consider an ETM. Brevic makes a nice one that's built for the long haul.

Am looking for a flood pumper. Need full suck and pump out on primary unit. Will be using a separate pump coming from janitors closet or kitchens. I like the DriEaz HVE 3000 flood pumper but it lacks the suck I need.

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Richard have you compared the Pro Chem Triad to the Drieas Velo ? I have one Triad but need more air movers and want that style.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
So you think you are holding onto every ones leash on this board ??

Nope, jus steppin back to see where we are buddy : )

Wanna hold hands through the process?

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Richard have you compared the Pro Chem Triad to the Drieas Velo ? I have one Triad but need more air movers and want that style.
Check with Lockhart, he has both brands. I know he loves them both but which he would choose I'm not sure.

I'd personally much rather have a Jet CXV or a Force 9 any day over those two. :headbang:

Reactions: Mardie
J

JS41035

You can come up with all the excuses you would like but the truth is that browning out is caused from over wetting and the more times it has been over wetted the more susceptible It is to browning out. How bad did it stink ? Has dry rot set in yet ?

How do you expect to better yourself if all you do is come up with excuse ?

You remind me of myself at 16 defending bane machines.

Mike Draper

I had an Indian food restaurant I cleaned. Same process. We pre scrub with cimex, HOSS, then encap with cimex and speed dry it. Worked awesome. Unfortunately it took way longer than anticipated so I wouldnt come back and clean it again unless the price doubled. His reply was that I don't always need to turn a profit. We still eat dinner there, and he still asks me to clean it for the old price. I finally asked him if he would sell me dinner when I come in at cost because he doesn't always need to make a profit. We're friendly to each other, but he doesn't ask anymore. View attachment 4343View attachment 4344

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You remind me of myself at 16 defending bane machines.
:lol: I bet you were pretty fierce defending them too.

Only a fool would compare a bane to a TM.
While underpowered there is still plenty to be said for the system. Extremely reliable, low cost of operation, can be taken out of the truck and into a large commercial job. Few repairs and little maintenance needed.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I had an Indian food restaurant I cleaned. Same process. We pre scrub with cimex, HOSS, then encap with cimex and speed dry it. Worked awesome. Unfortunately it took way longer than anticipated so I wouldnt come back and clean it again unless the price doubled. His reply was that I don't always need to turn a profit. We still eat dinner there, and he still asks me to clean it for the old price. I finally asked him if he would sell me dinner when I come in at cost because he doesn't always need to make a profit. We're friendly to each other, but he doesn't ask anymore. View attachment 4343View attachment 4344
Man you're rough! :lol:

Mike Draper

Man you're rough! :lol:

Ive never taken that approach before, but he is from India and apparently they barter much different over there. It was only 400 sq. ft. but It took 2 hours to clean :eekk: and my equipment smelled like a fast food restaurant for a week after. It was defiantly a job that I messed up on bidding. But I do get satisfaction when I hear him whine about the other cleaners that do it now.:twisted:

Mike Draper

All this talk about Indian food. I'm gonna go visit his restaurant right now. Wish me luck.

John G

John let's set up a loaner program for the latest Trinity.

I'll go first.

Surely you find a few buyers Street we see it for ourselves.

I don't do freebies anymore Mikey, those days are long gone, besides with all those slams against the method, I just wanted you to explain what it is that we do, obviously you are going to take a stab at that.
So basically, you are slamming a method and machine that you DON'T know much about..
Buy one and I will see if I can find a bent handle for you. Or better yet you can bend it and claim it came that way.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
besides with all those slams against the method, I just wanted you to explain what it is that we do, obviously you are going to take a stab at that.
So basically, you are slamming a method and machine that you DON'T know much about..
For arugments sake couldn't the same be said about Mike's Aerotech or any other TM John?

I know you've run them but have you ever owned one and cleaned extensively with it?

Reactions: Connor

ryankettering

Name
Ryan Kettering
I think it's fine if you want to clean the carpets 2,3,4 times in different ways leave fans to pick up later etc. but what are you charging $0.50/sqft? There's no way I would get a commercial bid at that price.

I mean where is the line drawn for what is "clean" should we start ripping out wall to wall carpeting to go in a pit and then re-install? (I know that would be nuts, it's just an illustration)

According to you folks I guess there is a "special place in hell" for me. That seems a bit harsh but OK.

I enjoy the simplicity of using my orbot. I can work at the same speed or faster than any TM with low overhead. I only need a helper on large jobs because I am not dealing with hoses running all over.

This is coming from an OO that is primarily doing carpet cleaning. If my business was set up differently then I would have to change my methods. My service is very niched. Hopefully I don't end up in hell for it right next to the murderers and rapists.

Reactions: ruff and Derek

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We own two Orbots and there is no way that you would be able to clean that pit that Draper cleaned as fast as a TM. I love OP but when its trashed as that restaurant was, its going to take you a lot of time and a lot of pads. We don't clean many trashed properties but when we do we will do as Mikey did. HWE then encap over it.

I agree that's a bunch of steps if you're not charging for them so you have to decide if the job is worth doing or not. Draper decided it wasn't.

VLM in my opinion shines in light to moderate soiling, heavy soiling will take time & plenty of pads if you want to do it right. In those cases HWE makes far more sense. (my opinion)

Mikey P

Administrator
What is they not to understand about pad cleaning John?
Pre vac, grind carpet , flip the pad if they are watching, post spot, edge a bit. Leave before intelligent family member or neighbors shows up.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:eekk: I'm a bit confused, this picture is on your website.

Looks like multiple methods and hoses running all over. ????

I think it's fine if you want to clean the carpets 2,3,4 times in different ways leave fans to pick up later etc.
I only need a helper on large jobs because I am not dealing with hoses running all over.

Kett_zpsa5804833.jpg

ryankettering

Name
Ryan Kettering
:eekk: I'm a bit confused, this picture is on your website.

Looks like multiple methods and hoses running all over. ????

Kett_zpsa5804833.jpg

Lol! You got me! Truth is in that picture only the 4x4' square in the upper right hand corner was cleaned with a rotovac, the rest of the carpet was encapped. Can you tell where the encap and HWE meet? Nope.

I do use multiple methods. But mostly VLM. That ended up on my site because it was a good before and after shot, however the reasoning for taking the pictures was to do a side by side test of rv360 vs VLM. I posted the full story on another 'big' cc forum. I don't know the rules here which is why I am not posting the link to the thread. Not sure if that would be frowned upon.

Long story short, I sold my rotovac after this side by side test.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ryan Ryan RYAN you are going to hell...but not for being an OP cleaner oh no.

You're going for bait and switch. :p

Ryan can we really trust anything you say now? j/k :lol:

Can you tell where the encap and HWE meet? Nope.
Nope, I can't even tell where the truth stops and the lies begin either. :eekk: LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

ryankettering

Name
Ryan Kettering
We own two Orbots and there is no way that you would be able to clean that pit that Draper cleaned as fast as a TM. I love OP but when its trashed as that restaurant was, its going to take you a lot of time and a lot of pads. We don't clean many trashed properties but when we do we will do as Mikey did. HWE then encap over it.

I agree that's a bunch of steps if you're not charging for them so you have to decide if the job is worth doing or not. Draper decided it wasn't.

VLM in my opinion shines in light to moderate soiling, heavy soiling will take time & plenty of pads if you want to do it right. In those cases HWE makes far more sense. (my opinion)

I agree with you. But I don't get those jobs either. That's what I mean, the REAL bad stuff is the low ball customers. (Typically)

If I never needed HWE I wouldn't have it (but I do). If that makes sense.

I just prefer to VLM clean when possible, which for me is almost all of the time.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

John G

For arugments sake couldn't the same be said about Mike's aerotech
link1.gif
or any other TM John?
I know you've run them but have you ever owned one and cleaned extensively with it?

I am not slamming them either, a lil different than the Mikey approach.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

John G

What is they not to understand about pad cleaning John?
Pre vac, grind carpet , flip the pad if they are watching, post spot, edge a bit. Leave before intelligent family member or neighbors shows up.

Wiggling, wrenching, twisting but NO answer... obviously NO understanding of the method.
That is what I have said all along, you have no clue...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom