Todd V the Trinity

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Generally stay away from these small manufacturers, its always going to turn personal because they did the work.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I know he's a dick and a lot of people don't like him but this johnny-piling :lol: often occurs on these message boards and takes on a life of it's own. One thing I think we have all learned especially in light the Greenglide vs Harris Research legal battles, a court victory or loss doesn't necessarily have anything to do with right or wrong.

nope..the lesson here (and I'll say it again) is how to commit biz suicide
I don't think it could of been handled any worse

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Lefty724

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I don't think it was complete suicide but he should now come out and atleast say he made a mistake, pay Todd, and say he saw it different but understands he was wrong and he will be moving forward.

No response, in my opinion, is a big mistake and ongoing damage to his business.

Sometimes no matter how you see an issue, you must bite it quick before it becomes a problem that might force you to close your doors for good.

G Man

Name
Joseph Gilstrap
It's not "trashing" or "piling on" if it's the truth. It amazes me that anyone could offer an ounce of sympathy in light of the the "Todd situation" and the other mountains of accumulated "BS" used to propagandize this machine.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
It never ceases to amaze me how much time and energy people will put into trashing others.

I call this thread: The thread for x carpet cleaners x TM manufacturer and down on their luck disgruntled carpet cleaners.

You guys really got to get a life. Try redirecting your energy into the positive instead of dwelling on the ridiculous innuendo this thread has become.

OR
You can just continue to use this thread as therapy to vent you own personal frustrations.

Reactions: Royal Man

Able 1

Name
Keith
I call this thread: The thread for x carpet cleaners x TM manufacturer and down on their luck disgruntled carpet cleaners.

You guys really got to get a life. Try redirecting your energy into the positive instead of dwelling on the ridiculous innuendo this thread has become.

OR
You can just continue to use this thread as therapy to vent you own personal frustrations.

I blame it all on you.. If you were posting, the whipping would have been equally dished out..
:icon_twisted:
[video=youtube;Kv3RWqFlvJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv3RWqFlvJs[/video]

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I don't think it was complete suicide but he should now come out and atleast say he made a mistake, pay Todd, and say he saw it different but understands he was wrong and he will be moving forward.

No response, in my opinion, is a big mistake and ongoing damage to his business.

Sometimes no matter how you see an issue, you must bite it quick before it becomes a problem that might force you to close your doors for good.

He will never do that, he has too much "pride" and arrogance to be told he was wrong.

He's busy posting on his fb, just take one single look on there, he's there talking about the "past".

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Back when there was only Cleanfax and ICS I called BS back then, 12-15 years ago. I know some folks don't really care where the dirt went, they just wanted (and still do) to get the customer's money the quickest, easiest way possible. Even with that being said, that's not what turned me against OP. It was John G's claims that stand alone OP could out clean any method out there and could in fact replace a truckmount or any hot water extraction machine for that matter. Hell, he even claimed to do water damage with it. Also the vehement keyboard lashings one would receive if they DARED say a harsh word about OP. There are even a handful here. Some, that are even as we speak, stoning the person whose torch they carried. John may or may not have committed business suicide. People's memories are very short now days. And as Ken Snow stated, just because Todd won, doesn't mean John is going to pay. Nobody wins when things go to court. I was sued by a subcontractor a few years ago that had NO leg to stand on, yet he did it anyway. I won the case due to great documentation, but I lost about $2,000 in legal fees making sure I did. He didn't even hire a lawyer. So who really won?

Reactions: FB7777

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The trinity's off the market Cintas just bought it up to replace they're Vortex's

John for the win!

Oh thats in another world at another time my bad.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Connor

Name
Connor
A spinning, whirly, roundhouse of centrifuged vomit and contempt. Toot-toot

I'm a jerk.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
^--- y'all 2 need to stop the endless posts that don't have anything to add....or Fred will close this thread to.

and it'll be all your fault! :hopeless:

:p

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
X2...a despicable carnival side show barker....that would tell you it's OK to grind a small pos over the entire carpet.....or blood....boogers and other body fluids.............
he brags about doing WD wit his diaper machine as well!

HELL G IS WHY.....
WE'RE ALL HERE.........RIGHT MIKEY?

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If John would post a worthwhile and final comment to this thread I would most likely close it afterwards.

NOOOOooooo.....!

There is two sides to the story....and usually the third side is the truth.....

I'm trying to find and understand the third side...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
NOOOOooooo.....!

There is two sides to the story....and usually the third side is the truth.....

I'm trying to find and understand the third side...
Some people just love to see a car wreck. I always try to avoid them but my wife will go out of her way just to drive by one. :oldrolleyes:

Zee you're not related to her are you? :p

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Some people just love to see a car wreck. I always try to avoid them but my wife will go out of her way just to drive by one. :oldrolleyes:

Zee you're not related to her are you? :p

No Doc, in fact most of my posts on the subject at hand, are about hearing from John G and hoping for a more civil -should I say- apologetic answer if Todd was right.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You're all unrepentant sinners, and you're all going to Hell. John G on Kelley's computer

G Man

Name
Joseph Gilstrap
Todd can lay the entire saga out in chronological order with documentation to back up every single episode. I wish he would just go ahead and do that. The post would be a little long, but well worth it in my opinion. Todd doesn't like being in the spotlight and he wouldn't have been if he hadn't received such an incredible shafting.

randy

Name
Randy
Todd can lay the entire saga out in chronological order with documentation to back up every single episode. I wish he would just go ahead and do that. The post would be a little long, but well worth it in my opinion. Todd doesn't like being in the spotlight and he wouldn't have been if he hadn't received such an incredible shafting.

He will be doing that shortly and your prediction about this whole case was 100% correct from day one, Joe. There has been a few developments that are rather hilarious. With respect to collecting that will be a non- issue when Mr. Geurkink sees what is coming his way. Numerous assets have been located that can be levied by simply filling out a form and filing it with the clerk's office. The sheriff's office does the real work at that point. Most homeowner's don't realize that a sheriff's sale of their primary residence can be scheduled within 30 days of judgment being obtained. It takes a good 6 months for that to actually happen but it can and does happen. Normally only to arrogant people that ignore court orders but it happens. Recently a $600,000 home here was sold at auction by the sheriffs department for unpaid home owner association fees of only $1,200. The couple failed to understand the process, refused to listen and had poor advice. Literally they passed on numerous opportunities to settle refusing to believe that they had an issue to deal with. Their appeals period expired and a motion for retrial was denied. They actually attempted to throw the auctioneer off "their" front lawn on the sale date. Finally when they were served a Debtor n possession notice to vacate the property they contacted an attorney only to be told they were no longer the owner of the home. Their debt from the lawsuit over association fees and mortgage had been paid off by the auction with a new mortgage that the new owner had placed on the property. Even bankruptcy at that point wouldn't help them. They thumbed their nose at the justice system and plead ignorance and the justice system ate them alive.

There is a lesson there, when something like this comes up RETAIN COUNSEL if you don't know what the heck you are doing. Arrogance may be cute on a industry bulletin board, make for long threads and impress people "as dumb as you" but the wheels of justice turn and playing like you make the rules in court WILL NOT WORK.

Todd would have won this case at trial by simply reading the Uniform Commercial Code (Federal Law) and the Idaho Revised Standard (called a State statute in many states ). The warranty changes after the sales was made that John used to win the back charge at the credit card level would have just got him in a huge amount of trouble if repeated in court. It's called FRAUD ON THE COURT and judges will throw your ass in jail for that quicker than anything. Whatever warranty provided at the time of the sale is legally enforceable. The seller can't change that after the sale, duh ! Lastly UPS own guidelines require the shipper to report the damage. We obtained that info very easily off the UPS website. Johns claim that Todd had to report it to UPS and not him was incorrect , like 100% of John's arguments made with respect to this case.

The two main lessons from this issue: retain counsel if you are clueless. #2 Dealing with a MA & PA Kettle operation from Kentucky probably isn't worth the hassle. By the way, Rick Galanis at Excellent Supply has designed and manufactured a upgrade to the Oreck lowboy, a very powerful 3/4 horse OP unit that allows the unit to operate WHEELS DOWN. A very smooth running machine, solidly built for around $1700. Kind of makes a $4200 Trinity or Orbot very hard to justify. Years ago Rick had a disastrous launch of a new machine that he was selling. The machines were arriving severely damaged. He refunded everyone and took the machines back loosing thousands of dollars. For that reason I have continued to spend thousands of dollars with his company and recommend Excellent Supply to new cleaners all the time. Just yesterday a lady in Ocean City Maryland that I referred to Excellent Supply called to tell me how impressed she was with them. Rick has never embarrassed me with any of the folks I have sent his way.

There is a right way to do business and a wrong way to do business. It's not difficult to see who within this industry has figured that out, and who wasn't and probably never will.

Last edited:

G Man

Name
Joseph Gilstrap
Randy, great post. I just learned last evening of Mr. Geurkink's latest stunt. I read the documentation and it was just one more attempt tolie his way out of this mess. I have the documents in my email but instead of posting them now I am waiting for Todd to tell the entire story. Everyone in the carpet cleaning industry needs to be aware of this case as it represents the very moral character of geurkink and his business.

For those that have said that this thread has gone to far, I disagree with you. These types of cleaning forums should be here for the people that are actually doing the act of cleaning carpet. If a manufacturer/distributor is guilty of unethical promotion and business practices, it is forums like this that should bring such information to light. The opposite holds true also. Ethical manufacturers/distributors should be praised for their business practices as well.
It is information like this that prevents the guy who is out there everyday, day in day out, from being ripped off like Todd was. $4,300.00 is a lot of cash for us average owner/operators.

I would like to thank Mikey for running a board that allows people to tell the raw facts as opposed to other forums like VacAway that conceal unethical business practices simply because the creep in question is selling their products.
So thank you Mikey for having a board that actually puts us carpet cleaners first.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hey you had me at weld splatter........

Now listen here.......i've been a welder since about 1971 when i welded on the big Garwood loadapackers (garbage trucks)
i could lay a 1/4" nickel rod bead an inch wide.........

and i have NEVER seen such bad ass welds as those on that machine!
They were horrindous............when you mig you MUST have a "shield" gas (argon)
to dissipate the O2................

Last edited:

Lefty724

Name
E
Let me say that I have no dog in this fight at all. This is not about picking on someone or bullying....

This is about doing the right thing....PERIOD!!!

We have all had to eat a job before and the customer is always right imho. John chose this path and is now paying (literally) the consequences.

I hate to sound like a "broken record" here but, this all could have been handled a lot better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom