Vortex got evicted... NOW I'M PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Re: Vortex got evicted... NOW I'M PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Foster said:
In most states a commercial vehicle over x lbs needs to have the owner or operator identification on it with the GVW it is licensed for with clear 360 degree visibility of any applicable Dangerous Goods placards.

The scale guys are the ones that pick this up.

yep..anything over 10,500 has to have ID and D.O.T numbers........

except little ol' me in Arizona..

and I can park it in my driveway....

Becker

Name
Becker

I'd bet the neighbors would not have issue with it if it was like a motor home and used a few times per year.. Or if it just sat there hidden 95% of the time.

But this is my guess.
Every AM ya fire it up, open the gate. pull it though, close gate idle for awhile. Then off to work. Maybe a stop off at home now and then though out the day for downtime, or lunch.

Machine is acting up.. I'm guessing you do maintenance on site.. We all know the older vortex machines are not quiet.

My guess is, sometimes the truck heads out after hours.. COMM.. or heads back in later in the PM.

Guessing it heads out now and then on SAT or SUN..

If I were you I'd read my CC&Rs.. maybe have a quick consulate with a real estate lawyer.
Becoming HOA prez won't do an oz of good, if in fact a homeowner is truly complaining and the board changes it's view just because the owner of the vortex is now Prez is some pretty good grounds for a lawsuit.
Board members of most HOAs across the country are volunteers voted in by the membership. They are not paid nor can endure benefit by holding a position on the board.

Like others say above.

You bought it, ( your house ) either own it as your signed or sell.

Question is.. Does your CC&Rs restrict running a business from the property? So the vortex might not even be the issue.

Becker

Name
Becker

Yeah Jim.. I recall the pics of your beast V barely in your driveway.

Is the newer truck longer shorter same?

Ya don't block the sidewalk at all backed in do ya?

Thank God I didn't buy one because I sure came close. My original thought process was buy one, use it for a few years, and then sell it for half.

I guess it is better to be lucky than good.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

I spent an hour this evening knocking on doors and already got 12 signatures.

Almost every door i knocked on was eager to sign my ballot. (wish carpet cleaning was this easy).

Barring any unforseen circumstances, Big Red should be returning home soon where it belongs....

Hopefully, before the first freeze.

George for President!!! YEAHHHHHH!!! :oops:

IMAG0553.jpg

or, there will be hell to pay!!!! Yeahhhh!!!!!!

Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4aob4zlhIkd]

Do you think neighbors would prefer the worlds most powerful Truckmount or the worlds most powerful horn. You decide.
d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9KKaj26Lswd]

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Becker said:

This truck is a foot longer and fits up in the drive way just fine..the front bumper comes to the inside edge of the curb and does not hang out in the road...If you remember the picture......we have no side walks.....

Jamesh921

Name
James

I've never lived in a HOA, So......................... just WHAT could they do to George if he defied the rules and parked his rig in his drive anyway?

I kinda like using the attic vents posted earlier. Put those on your house until they relent and beg you to bring back the V shiteatinggrin

Also, throw some marijauna seeds in some of the "suspects" flower boxes and see how that works out.

Plus, hire a hooker to show up at a few housed in your neighborhood demanding that she get paid from her "John". :shock:

Lastly, fill the street in front of the prez's house of the HOA with 1 inch galvanized roofing nails. Magnets won't pick them up and sweeping will only get the majority. It'll take hours on hands and knees to get them all picked up. If you really want to be mean, cover them all with roofing tar before you dump them on the street. :twisted:

Becker

Name
Becker

Jim Martin said:
Becker said:

This truck is a foot longer and fits up in the drive way just fine..the front bumper comes to the inside edge of the curb and does not hang out in the road...If you remember the picture......we have no side walks.....

Sorry I did not recall every detail.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

didn't Becker run into you while out hunting recently............................?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

All good advice gang! Thanks...

While canvassing the neighborhood last night I noticed two distinct classes of people reside here.

One class of old retired biddies and another class of middle aged working class stiffs trying to raise a family.

I got the distinct impression one group is responsible for hassling the other.

Guess what group has been running the HOA for the past 15 years.

I would say the working class stiffs out number the old biddies by 7 to 1.

I'm guessing the old biddies out complain the working stiffs.

The vortex parked next to my house falls into a grey area. Why after nearly 3 years am I being hassled about it now? I don't know but I'm not gonna give up without a fight!

Furthermore, you turkeys would be so lucky to have a neighbor as nice as me...

Cheers!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

George you may be a nice guy, but as a general rule, nice neighborhoods (which yours looks like) do not want businesses run out of a house, and especailly big work vehicles parked on them. Beside being an eysore they can have a negative impact on property values, so they may be getting even more attention today than possibly when times were goo and realestate prices just kept going up.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

The neighbor 6 houses up the street just stopped and said he already cast his vote for me. Then he pumped his fist in the air and said "yeah!".

I bet 80% of the folks on my street feel the same way...

HANG IN THERE BIG RED! DADDY'S GONNA BRING YOU HOME SOON!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

The vortex parked next to my house falls into a grey area. Why after nearly 3 years am I being hassled about it now? I don't know but I'm not gonna give up without a fight!
From the street you barely notice the truck it over the fence. I bet its more likely a neighbor that looks out their window and sees a big red truck and is tired of the view.

It sucks the truck looks in great shape and clean. Could it be you're run it at homes enough that someone is annoyed by the sound and this is their only avenue to get it out of the neighborhood.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

George III said:
All good advice gang! Thanks...

While canvassing the neighborhood last night I noticed two distinct classes of people reside here.

One class of old retired biddies and another class of middle aged working class stiffs trying to raise a family.

I got the distinct impression one group is responsible for hassling the other.

Guess what group has been running the HOA for the past 15 years.

I would say the working class stiffs out number the old biddies by 7 to 1.

I'm guessing the old biddies out complain the working stiffs.

Furthermore, you turkeys would be so lucky to have a neighbor as nice as me...

Cheers!

FIRST OFF.....
no one likes a knowitall....which you certainly come across as........

SECONDLY........

it's biTTY.....an old BITTY.......
the mere fact that you don know the word tells me
that you would NOT be a good HOA prezident! :lol:

steve g

Name
steve garrett

I would have thought that merely owning a vortex would have made you weathly enough not to need an an HOA neighborhood.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

Merty.......you can dip a PIG in perfume....
But in the end......
It's STILL.....Jus a pig!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

The HOA can serve you notice and if you don't comply they legally can force you to sell your house and force you to move out.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

Those of you not sympathetic to my cause should be ashamed of yourselves!!! You call yourself carpet cleaners? What kinda carpet cleaners are you? Not my kind!

Especially Ken of ALL people!!! If he was cool he'd rush to the aid of his fellow carpet cleaner. Not slam em... we're talkin bout CC'rs here ken.

Ken Snow said:
What Randy & Don said x 2. I'd be all over it if someone ran their business/big arsed truck out of my neighborhood, and they would lose big time.

Whether it be HOA or city zoning, big truck or small, what's happening to me could happen to any O/O working from home.

My Vortex falls into a grey area not clearly defined by the HOA and it's ambigous at best at the city level too.

What if someone attacked you because they didn't like your Ford, Chevy or Nissan van???? It could happen!

First they came for his Vortex, I did nothing.

Then they came for his Econoline, I did nothing.

Then they came for his Chevy Express, i did nothing.

Then they came for my Nissan NV.....

Not on my watch buddy!!!!

I may not be right, I may not win, but i'm gonna fight like hell regardless!
Beastie-Boys-Fight-For-Your-Ri-35524.jpg

If you disagree you can talk to the hand!
Talk%20To%20The%20Hand.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

I hope it does in fact happen to ALL OO's working out of their home George. Sorry but I am not a fan of businesses being run out of homes, especially service businesses. Has nothing to do with carpet cleaners per se.

Becker

Name
Becker

Becoming prez of your hoa won't do shit for you if your cc&rs disallow running a biz from your home.

If you think becoming prez of you hoa allows you to call all the shots you are wrong. Change rules you are wrong.

If a member of your hoa compains about your biz or trucks and the rules are on his or her side and you don't enforce the court recorded rules of your hoa you put your corporation (hoa) at risk.

Your cheapest and easiest way to get answes call a lawyer.

If you do become prez. Read up on rules of order. You will be running a Corp. And you will be under the micrscope of those that disagree with you. So be sure to dot your i's and cross your t's.

Good luck.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Vortex got evicted... NOW I'M PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Snow said:
I hope it does in fact happen to ALL OO's working out of their home George. Sorry but I am not a fan of businesses being run out of homes, especially service businesses. Has nothing to do with carpet cleaners per se.

As Ron Lippold would say. Wow, just wow.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

I would guess it has to do with a level playing field.

I know we pay nearly $10,000.00 month rent/mortgage for 2-buildings, excluding taxes and insurance. thathurts

I'm sure Ken's has to be much much more. :shock:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

U-2 & Me too said:
I would guess it has to do with a level playing field.

I know we pay nearly $10,000.00 month rent/mortgage for 2-buildings, excluding taxes and insurance. thathurts

I'm sure Ken's has to be much much more. :shock:

uh huh.....how much do you bring in though to???

and To some extent, Didnt Ken "walk" into it....meaning he didnt go through the growing pains of from conception on up the ladder???

For me right now, id would KILL for a shop.....but at $800 a mth for the cheapest, for what???? for me that would be better served to a new truck payment, not a glorified storage unit....

Also Ken, people working out of their houses is one of THEE biggest employers out there....wether it be service, or professional, or what ever...some people around here were lucky enough to own a acre or 2 and built shops in the back...yet they are STILL WORKING OUT OF THE HOUSE..

I realize me getting enough work to afford myself a shop is up to me, but as i have said many times in the past.....i have chosen to work a little less, and be with the family more(or when the time comes, kids activitys and such)

you wanna live up the hill then go ahead.....if the HOA has such an issue, where is their application such as the "snooty apts in NY" that can dictate who can and cant live there...

Carpet cleaner REJECTED..... ohhhhh wait it is america and you cant stop someone from buying a house.... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani

Ken Snow said:

So Ken wants the majority of us to get screwed.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

Ken,

Your position might not exist today if your great, great father-in-law had to live up to your standards. Or, did he start your company by getting a business license day one and a fancy facility on day two?

Don't forget... We all have to start somewhere...

most of us weren't fortunate enough to marry into a carpet cleaning empire either.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

Doug + george you are a cop outs. Make an excuse for working a job and insulting more successful people as you go.

i have chosen to work a little less, and be with the family more(or when the time comes, kids activitys and such)

Who said you have to work harder? Who said you had to get into a family? Who said biggest businesses are out of households? You are jealous

I have a great friend who looks at me and asks "how can you make enough money doing what you do?" He has a slush fund of $40,000 a monthand his real business did $100,000,000 in sales last year and he works a day or two a week. He never really worked more than 40 hrs and is very successful. Another guy I know has a huge CC company and comes and goes as he pleases and gets the highest prices in my area. I just brought myself to close to 40 hrs a week, have a huge shop and just stopped rug cleaning. how can so many others do it but with your infinite wisdom and insults you can't

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom